Freeplaytech Forum

Full Version: WS Flash Masta v4.4 (early adopter version)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Flavor, do you have some time for comments on my questions/findings?

(06-04-2016, 06:32 AM)rosewood Wrote: [ -> ]1. Even if I didn't sign anything, but are we under some kind of NDA? Or are we allowed to post pictures and experiences to social media and/or to our blogs?
2. Will the time to flash a rom to a slot be improved?
3. Cart: The LED "DS1" is red constantly when connected to USB. No change when flashing a rom.
4. Program: The default file type is *.wsc. --> please change it to *.*
5. Program: The exe has no icon
6. Menu: No file names, it's always xx - xxxx
7. Menu: No reaction to the upper buttons (Y1-Y4)
8. Menu: No wrap around, i.e. up on first item doesn't go to the last item and vice versa
hi, me again ! (and again... and again...)
Something strange :
i had many errors trying to flash games, with the warning "unable to open file".
Actually, i copied the ROM at the root of my HDD and i finally could flash it.
The folder from where it failed was named " ROM décompressées", with accents as I'm french.
I renamed it "ROM decompressees" and it successfully flashed it Smile
So think 'bout it : NO ACCENT IN FOLDER NAME !
I'm putting together an Openoffice spreadsheet for testing results. I'll post a link with my next results.
Golden Axe (J).wsc, runs
SD Gundam - Operation UC (J).wsc, runs
Hanjyuku Hero - Aah Sekai yo Hanjuku Nare (J).wsc, runs
RUN=DIM - Return to Earth (J).wsc, runs
One Piece Treasure Wars (J).wsc, runs
Digimon Tamers - Brave Tamer (J).wsc, runs, saves
XI (Sai) Little (J).wsc, runs
Romancing Saga (J).wsc, runs
Super Robot Taisen Compact for Wonderswan Color (J).wsc, runs
Final Lap Special (J).wsc, runs, saves
Inuyasha ~Kagome no Sengoku Nikki~ (J).wsc, runs
Alchemist Marie & Elie - Futari No Atelier (J).wsc runs, saves
Digimon Battle Spirit (J).wsc runs
Guilty Gear Petit 2 (J).wsc runs

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3QRbU...EJEY3NFS2c

Here's the testing sheet I promised. It's in .xls which I figure must people can use. I recommend that we continue to post our results in the forum so everyone can record them in their spreadsheets rather than have someone maintain a list and moderate.

I used the GoodWSx 3.14 names and romset as the standard for testing. I have included the checksum for each ROM so that if you have one with a different name or you're unsure if it's the same one, you can use a hex editor to view the last two bytes in your ROM to match it. The checksum is the sum of all the byte values in the ROM so each is unique. The WS compares the checksum value in the header to the number calculated at start-up to verify that the cartridge information is not damaged. I also added some checksum notes because some of the fixes have checksum values that differ. This may or may not affect the ability to save, so fixing it may just require putting the correct value into the header. I calculated all the checksums for the ROMS and compared to those recorded in the headers and the romset was okay.

Even though the Flash Masta does not support EEPROM saves, the patched ROMS for the old WonderMagic flashcart
may work. I just tried Puzzle Bobble (J) [M][f1].ws and it saves so I included all the games that have been patched for testing SRAM saving.
Hi All,

i have a question: i found translations for a bit game:
dicing knight
digimon adevnture 02
digimon d1
digimon tag tamers
final fantasy 1 2 IV

the file is suffix .ips

how file .ips can install inside rom change language?

Luca
(06-14-2016, 10:20 PM)lukezab Wrote: [ -> ]...
how file .ips can install inside rom change language?

uses a soft like lunar ips patcher. It applies the ips to the original rom to create a patched version.
You have to use the right dump to be able to apply the ips.

you can google for lunar ips patcher.
(06-11-2016, 06:45 AM)rosewood Wrote: [ -> ]Flavor, do you have some time for comments on my questions/findings?

(06-04-2016, 06:32 AM)rosewood Wrote: [ -> ]1. Even if I didn't sign anything, but are we under some kind of NDA? Or are we allowed to post pictures and experiences to social media and/or to our blogs?
2. Will the time to flash a rom to a slot be improved?
3. Cart: The LED "DS1" is red constantly when connected to USB. No change when flashing a rom.
4. Program: The default file type is *.wsc. --> please change it to *.*
5. Program: The exe has no icon
6. Menu: No file names, it's always xx - xxxx
7. Menu: No reaction to the upper buttons (Y1-Y4)
8. Menu: No wrap around, i.e. up on first item doesn't go to the last item and vice versa

Sorry, rosewood. I'm really sorry for not answering. I read your post on my phone. I just spaced out the reply, since I'm not hopping on the laptop as much as normal. I'll be back to normal later this week.

1- Yes, I should have addressed this ASAP. Please post what you want wherever you want. They say no publicity is bad publicity, right?

2- Hmmm. That's hard to guess. I'd think that it's about as fast as the microcontroller and flash chip can communicate, but there's always a chance, I guess.

3- Only one of the LEDs can be controlled by the microcontroller. We can make that one do what we want while in USB mode. It could flash while writing to the cart or whatever. In console mode, it is usually driven by the console itself, but it can be put in a debugging mode where the microcontroller can drive it.

4- Yes, this is definitely on the TODO list. It bugs me, too.

5- Yeah, we need a good icon for this one, too.

6- See #4.

7, 8- These should be easy to implement, but I think the menu will be redone in C. Currently it's all ASM, and it's a bit more tricky to develop. It will probably be redone in C with some ASM for the actual slot switching. Then we can come up with some cool way to get the slot titles and such and add features more easily in C code.
(06-15-2016, 12:11 AM)Loïc Wrote: [ -> ]SNIP

Question!
How does one make an lps for WS games?
(06-19-2016, 01:31 PM)BlindOldMan Wrote: [ -> ]Question!
How does one make an lps for WS games?

Well... this is either simple or complicated...

If the question is just how to create the IPS file, then again IPS Lunar Patcher is the solution. You use the 'clean dump' and the 'patched dump' as input files, and then it creates an IPS file containing the differences that can then be applied to any clean dump.

If the question is how to modify the dump, you'll have to disassemble parts of the game to understand what's working wrong (or what you want to change), and how to fix it. So you need to have a good knowledge of the hardware you're working on. Depending on the nature of modifications, it can be really tricky (translating a game for exemple)
We are considering doing another run of the same exact WS boards. This time there wouldn't be any call for commitment/pre-ordering. We'd just do a batch and put them up for sale.

Before we do this, I want to get a better feeling about where you guys think we are with the hardware. What are your thoughts?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13