Freeplaytech Forum

Full Version: LiPo battery - Perfection at last!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
All,

As many of us have learned, most LiPo batteries are labelled with three dimensions: thickness, width, length. Thus far, trying to use a pair of 1200mAh (stated capacity) Syma quadcopter batteries is far too thick for extended use. Under the tape, these are typically labelled 903052 - 9.0mm thick, 30mm wide, 52mm long. If you stack two, you're at 18mm thick and even if you cut out the battery compartment, closing the battery door is a dicey proposition that puts a lot of pressure on the screen. Angry 18mm thickness is just too much - AA batteries are 14mm thick and there's a little extra room for batteries if you cut down the "bump" in the middle of the compartment. Confused

Enter eBay, where I've been hunting perfect batteries for literally months. A new option came up today:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-7V-2000mAh-Com...2343625995?

...a pair of 753050 cells bundled together for a single, 15m thick package that should fit easily without removing the entire battery compartment, and not put under pressure on the other components.

I'm ordering four and will report back, but this looks like the perfect LiPo for GamePie Advance Exclamation
Ooooh, nice. Yes, please keep us updated. If this fits well, I think it could be a great find.

By the way, I did find some available in the US (kinda). http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-7V-1000mAh-Lit...2600979306
That's a single cell, but it claims to be 7.5mm thick, so stacking 2 should be the same as RogerX mentioned.

UPDATE: I bought 2 of the cells from the US. We should get them in a week.
I tested ONE of the 1000mAh cells today. It lasted 2h 24m. 2 in parallel should last double that.

AND, the best part is that they fit in the battery compartment with minimal modifications. You basically cut 2 "fins" off, and they fit.

[attachment=656][attachment=657][attachment=658][attachment=659][attachment=660]