Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TLCS-900/H prefetch instruction queue test
(10-16-2012, 11:08 PM)mic_ Wrote: And I'd be very surprised if there's any actual software (as in Games) for the NGPC that relies on the prefetching on this level (though if they had wanted to be a bit evil they could've easily added code that would cause games to lock up in any emulator that doesn't emulate the prefetching accurately Tongue )

I guess if such games existed, the emulators would probably do this accurately, since the main goal of any emulator is running games, not aiming for 100% accuracy of every process. That's probably why people like Byuu write their own emulators. He's stated that his SNES emulator aims at accuracy first, not at hacked together game support.

I know this is a bit off topic, but speaking of emulators, is there anything that can emulate GP32 better than GeePee32? As far as I know, that's the only emulator out there, and I think the author has implemented some kind of a limit on how long it can be played. It doesn't have sound, either. I'd be interested in any existing alternative. I have the console, but as always, I use emulators to capture screenshots, etc. The broken nature of GeePee32 always made it a bit difficult.

Messages In This Thread
RE: TLCS-900/H prefetch instruction queue test - by Morden - 10-17-2012, 11:41 PM