Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NGPC Game: Relic
So, I've got my environment set up for the Neo Geo Pocket Color and have started working on a game for the system. Right now, it's in the planning stages as I'd like to get the plot, mechanics, and other essentials done before working on the code or art. I'm not sure if I'll touch sound as that always complicates games for me and slows them down quite a lot. In fact, it'd be great if I could find a pixel artist to do the art for me, but I'll attempt to find one after I have a working demo.

I don't think this will be too difficult since it feels a lot like working with TI 83's and 89's, but with a simpler library and more powerful machine. I'll be working in stages both with planning and programming. Art will come last as I want to get a working game first, then make it look pretty.

Okay, so, I'll be updating this periodically with my progress. Once I get plot ironed out and planning mostly finished, I'll be looking for a lot of feedback on what people think works and doesn't work.

Relic
Genre: Turn-based Tactical RPG

Plot is still being developed and tweaked; so, nothing being posted yet.

Planning Draft Scans:
Combat Environment
Combat Stats
Combat Turns (Incomplete)
Game Interface(Part 1)
Nice! It's good to see some fresh work. The designs are looking nice. Keep us posted on the progress!
Card Fighters' Clash 2 English Translation ( http://cfc2english.blogspot.com/ )
Neo Geo Pocket Flash Cart and Linker Project ( http://www.flashmasta.com/ )
Avatar art thanks to Trev-Mun ( http://trevmun.deviantart.com/ )
Cool project, Senk! Definately keep us updated!

I'm in the conceptual stages of an RPG of my own. It will have a mixture of area-based and turn-based strategy, with a unique battle system.

I might have access to a desktop computer in a while, so I might be able to give you a hand with graphics. I'm quite the artistic type, haha.
Sounds awesome, Biogon. Do you have any previous artwork I could take a look at? I've got a few different styles in mind for art (not that I can do any of them, myself) and wanted to see some of the things you've produced. If you don't have anything, try to whip up something when you get access to a desktop computer that you think might fit with the Neo Geo Pocket. Having a setting, tone, and all of that jazz to work with might help you get an idea of the art direction; so, I'll try to have that up within the next few days if time permits.
I'll be borrowing my sister's laptop so I'll whip up some art/sprites within a couple days, maybe even today.
Unfortunately, my previous computer crashed and I never backed up my work, so it's long gone. If you could give me some kind of guide, maybe sketches or something, that would really help.
(09-06-2012, 08:12 AM)Biogon Wrote: I'll be borrowing my sister's laptop so I'll whip up some art/sprites within a couple days, maybe even today.
Unfortunately, my previous computer crashed and I never backed up my work, so it's long gone. If you could give me some kind of guide, maybe sketches or something, that would really help.
I'll try to get something up this weekend. Unfortunately, I'm a bit too busy to get it up before then. No need to rush on anything on your end. Smile
Any updates on this? Sounds fun