Freeplaytech Forum

Full Version: black screen when changing resolution of dreamcast games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Everytime i try any other resolution option for dreamcast games i just get a black screen.  it seems to be defaulting to 1024x768 and some games tend to run slow  i would think either a 640x480  or just going down to ntsc 4:3 sdtv would be ideal but both just give a black screen and pal sdtv seems to keep showing the resolution selectio menu even though i can hear the dreamcast start up.  Im sure it has to be some simple setting im missing somewhere but can someone point me in the right direction?
(08-26-2018, 09:05 PM)aarontrini85 Wrote: [ -> ]Everytime i try any other resolution option for dreamcast games i just get a black screen.  it seems to be defaulting to 1024x768 and some games tend to run slow  i would think either a 640x480  or just going down to ntsc 4:3 sdtv would be ideal but both just give a black screen and pal sdtv seems to keep showing the resolution selectio menu even though i can hear the dreamcast start up.  Im sure it has to be some simple setting im missing somewhere but can someone point me in the right direction?

Sounds similar to my problem. For some emulators, I believe configs aren't being created correctly. I had to use this guide to fix my pcsx-rearmed. Maybe something similar is happening with dreamcast.