Freeplaytech Forum

Full Version: WS Flash Masta v5.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
We are launching a new revision of the WS Flash Masta.  Unless we need to make any unanticipated changes, this will be labeled v5.1.  The functionality of v5.1 should be the same as v4.4, but this has yet to be fully proven.

If you want to know more about ROM compatibility in version 4.4, please see the v4.4 thread: https://forum.flashmasta.com/showthread.php?tid=4411

This thread will be dedicated to posting information, feedback, questions, and answers about v5.1.
(07-28-2020, 07:27 AM)Flavor Wrote: [ -> ]We are launching a new revision of the WS Flash Masta.  Unless we need to make any unanticipated changes, this will be labeled v5.1.  The functionality of v5.1 should be the same as v4.4, but this has yet to be fully proven.

If you want to know more about ROM compatibility in version 4.4, please see the v4.4 thread: https://forum.flashmasta.com/showthread.php?tid=4411

This thread will be dedicated to posting information, feedback, questions, and answers about v5.1.

Due to hardware limitations, the following roms from GoodWSx v3.27 do not work with the WS Flash Masta v5.1:

SRAM
Battle Spirit - Digimon Frontier (J) [!].wsc
Beat Mania (J) [M].ws
Cho Denki Card Battle Yofu Makai Kikuchi Shugo (J) [M][!].ws
Digimon Tamers - Battle Spirit (J) [!].wsc
Digimon Tamers - Battle Spirit V1.5 (J) [!].wsc
From TV Animation - One Piece - Grand Battle Swan Colloseum (J).wsc
From TV Animation - One Piece - Niji no Shima Densetsu (J) [!].wsc
Guilty Gear Petit (J).wsc
Makaimura (J) [M].ws
Meitantei Conan - Majutsushi no Chousenjou! (J) [M][!].ws
Meitantei Conan - Nishi no Meitantei Saidai no Kiki! (J) [M].ws
Meitantei Conan - Yugure no Koujo (J) [!].wsc
Rockman EXE N1 Battle (J).wsc
RUN=DIM Return to Earth (J) [!].wsc
WonderWitch [FreyaOS 1.2.1].ws
Yakusoku no Chi Riviera (J).wsc

EEPROM (save issues)
Anaza Hebun - Memory of Those Days (J) [!].wsc
Buffers Evolution (J) [M].ws >>patch below
D's Garage 21 Koubo Game - Tane wo Maku Tori (J) [M][!].ws >>use D's Garage 21 Koubo Game - Tane wo Maku Tori (J) [M][f1].ws
Digimon Digital Monsters for WonderSwanColor (J) [!].wsc >>patch below
Digimon Tamers - Brave Tamer (J) [!].wsc >>patch below
Digital Monster Card Game for WonderSwanColor (J).wsc
Digimon Tamers - Digimon Medley (J) [!].wsc >>patch below
Engacho! (J) [M][!].ws >> use Engacho! (J) [M][f1].ws
Fever Sankyo - Koushiki Pachinko Simulation (J) [M].ws
Final Lap 2000 (J) [M][!].ws >>use Final Lap 2000 (J) [M][f1].ws
Final Lap Special - GT & Formula Machine (J) [!].wsc >>use Final Lap Special - GT & Formula Machine (J) [f1].wsc
Flash - Koibito-kun (J) [!].wsc >>use Flash - Koibito-kun (J) [f1].wsc
From TV Animation - One Piece - Mezase Kaizoku Ou (J) [M].ws
Gensou Maden Saiyuuki Retribution - Hi no Ataru Basho de (J) [!].wsc
Golden Axe (J) [!].wsc 
Gorakuoh TANGO! (J) [M].ws
GunPey (J) [M].ws  >>use GunPey (J) [M][f1].ws
GunPey Ex (J) [!].wsc >>use GunPey Ex (J) [f1].wsc
Hunter X Hunter - Ichi O Tsugu Mono (J) [M][!].ws
Hunter X Hunter - Michibi Kareshi Mono (J).wsc >>use Hunter X Hunter - Michibi Kareshi Mono (J) [f1].wsc
Hunter X Hunter - Sorezore no Ketsui (J) [!].wsc  >>use Hunter X Hunter - Sorezore no Ketsui (J) [f1].wsc
Inu Yasha Kagome no Yumenikki (J) [!].wsc
Itou Jun Ni Uzumaki Noroi Simulation (J) [M][!].ws >>patch below
Kinnikuman Nisei Choujin Seisenshi (J).wsc
Kinniku Man Second Generations Dream Tag Match (J) [!].wsc
Kurupara! (J) [!].wsc >>patch below
Last Alive (J).wsc
Lode Runner (J) [M].ws
Mikeneko Holme's Ghost Panic (J) [!].wsc
Nazo Oh Pocket (J) [M].ws
Nice On (J) [M].ws
Ouchan no Oekaki Logic (J) [M].ws
Pocket no Naka no Doraemon (J).wsc
Puzzle Bobble (J) [M].ws
Raku Jongg (J) [!].wsc
Ring Infinity (J) [M][!].ws >>patch below
Sennou Millenium (J) [M][!].ws
Shin Nihon Pro Wrestling Toukon Retsuden (J) [M].ws
Slither Link (J) [M][!].ws
Tare Pan no Gunpei (J) [M][!].ws >>use Tare Pan no Gunpei (J) [M][f1].ws
Terrors 2 (J) [!].wsc
Tetris (J).wsc
Tetsujin 28 Gou (J) [M].ws
Tonpusou (J) [!].wsc
Turntablist - DJ Battle (J) [M][!].ws  >>Turntablist - DJ Battle (J) [M][f1].ws
Uzumaki - Denshi Kaiki Hen (J) [M][!].ws
With You Mitsumete Itai (J) [!].wsc
X - Card of Fate (J) [!].wsc >>patch below

I've been writing patches to fix these games to work with the WS Flash Masta v4.4. They can be found here:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...sp=sharing
As time allows, I'll be adding to the list.
Use Lunar IPS to apply the patches. You will have to provide your own roms or original cartridge dumps.
(08-01-2020, 06:44 AM)Juhn Wrote: [ -> ]Due to hardware limitations, the following roms from GoodWSx v3.27 do not work with the WS Flash Masta v5.1:

SRAM
Battle Spirit - Digimon Frontier (J) [!].wsc
Beat Mania (J) [M].ws
Cho Denki Card Battle Yofu Makai Kikuchi Shugo (J) [M][!].ws
Digimon Tamers - Battle Spirit (J) [!].wsc
Digimon Tamers - Battle Spirit V1.5 (J) [!].wsc
From TV Animation - One Piece - Grand Battle Swan Colloseum (J).wsc
From TV Animation - One Piece - Niji no Shima Densetsu (J) [!].wsc
Guilty Gear Petit (J).wsc
Makaimura (J) [M].ws
Meitantei Conan - Majutsushi no Chousenjou! (J) [M][!].ws
Meitantei Conan - Nishi no Meitantei Saidai no Kiki! (J) [M].ws
Meitantei Conan - Yugure no Koujo (J) [!].wsc
Rockman EXE N1 Battle (J).wsc
RUN=DIM Return to Earth (J) [!].wsc
WonderWitch [FreyaOS 1.2.1].ws
Yakusoku no Chi Riviera (J).wsc

Juhn, am I right to say that all of these games had the same problem on the previous (v4.4) version os the WS Flash Masta cartridge? I just want to be sure that there is nothing different (as far as compatibility goes) between the two versions. I know that we talked about this via email, but I think it's important to mention this when talking about what doesn't work on the v5.1.

To be a bit more clear, the WS Flash Masta v5.1 and v4.4 both have SRAM and neither have EEPROM. Some games use EEPROM for saving, and Juhn is creating patches for those games to edit the game to work with SRAM. There are also some patches from other people besides Juhn that convert other games from EEPROM to SRAM.

A quick Google search just turned up this link:
https://github.com/splash5/ws-eeprom-to-sram-ips
with the following text in the README. "All the ips files here were created and tested on real device around 2001. After patching, game will save into SRAM on cartridge."
I was prepared to wait a while longer but to my pleasant surprise, I found a 5.1 beta unit in my mailbox a little earlier this evening. I've spent time going over the compatibility list and I'm very excited to start playing. I did want to ask, is there a type of or approach to testing that would be more useful at this point? Or shall I/we just dive in there Smile and thanks again Flavor!
Juhn, am I right to say that all of these games had the same problem on the previous (v4.4) version os the WS Flash Masta cartridge?

That is correct. As we discussed previously:

a) I found NO new SRAM games that don't work on the version. Both cartridges are equivalent in performance that way.

b) In my testing, there are EEPROM games that started on the old hardware that DO NOT start on the new version. I consider this NOT to be an issue because patching the software to use SRAM solves the problem.

Some games use EEPROM for saving, and Juhn is creating patches for those games to edit the game to work with SRAM.  There are also some patches from other people besides Juhn that convert other games from EEPROM to SRAM. 

This is also true. I'm a hobbyist that wanted to raise the compatibility of my WS Flash Masta as close to 100% as possible. The patches I created were tested and confirmed by me to work on my WS Flash Masta. I simply made these patches available because Flavor asked me to. There are other patches available but I chose to write my own because of poor coding, front loaded self advertisements, and not all work on the WS Flash Masta.
(08-25-2020, 11:10 AM)manks Wrote: [ -> ]I was prepared to wait a while longer but to my pleasant surprise, I found a 5.1 beta unit in my mailbox a little earlier this evening. I've spent time going over the compatibility list and I'm very excited to start playing. I did want to ask, is there a type of or approach to testing that would be more useful at this point? Or shall I/we just dive in there Smile and thanks again Flavor!

Yeah, just dive in and see if you find anything that seems amiss or whatever.

Juhn has already done a great job of documenting compatibility.  If there aren't any games that fail on the new hardware (that worked on the old hardware), then we're where we want to be at this point.

So, just play with it a bit and report any problems.  If we don't hear any complaints soon, we'll move onto producing more carts.

Thanks!
Ed
I have been having a blast with it so far! Most of my time has been spent in Firelancer and FF1, quite fun Smile Nearly everything I've tried has worked great. Firelancer does require a major contrast change on my Color, not sure if that's exactly an issue but it's the only game I've tried so far that requires a drastic shift.

One compatibility problem I've run into is with Fever Sankyo - Koushiki Pachinko Simulation (J) [M] as well as [f1] - I have not been able to get that to boot, both with and without SRAM patch.

Oh, and my big thanks to Juhn as well!
Hiya.
Finally broke down and made a forum account because I received an email today saying that WS Flash Master was back in stock.

I go to the purchase link and all sold out already? Did someone buy like 100? Fake News? Am I ever going to get one?
Thanks
Later Gamers
Neofan,

We did sell out a batch in about 4 hours, I think. It got posted on Twitter before all the queued emails got sent out. I think that's why it got slammed so quickly. We will be making more. If I had to guess, I think we'd be opening up another batch to purchase in about a month.

See: https://twitter.com/RetroRGB/status/1314661304301506560 (~15000 followers)

(And, no, I think only a couple overseas people bought 2, so it wasn't resellers!)
My WS Flash Masta has arrived !!!!
Hello, this is my first message. Sorry for my English.

I have tried several games and I am really happy, but I have found some things that I do not understand.
Tetris (Japan).wsc works, but in black and white, when the game is in color : -O   I have a WS Crystal without mod
XI Little (Japan) .wsc It does not work. looks similar to RUN = DIM Return to Earth (J) [!].wsc graphics problems.

What is the hardware limitation whereby some games do not work?

@Juhn is there a tutorial to make the IPS patches from EEPROM to SRAM?

Thank you

------------------------
Ya llego mi WS Flash Masta!!!!
Hola, este es mi primer mensaje. Perdón por mi ingles.  

He probado varios juegos y te estoy enamorado, pero he encontrado algunas cosas que no entiendo.
Tetris (Japan).wsc funciona, pero en blanco y negro, cuando el juego es a color :-O Tengo una WS Crystal sin mod
XI Little (Japan).wsc No funciona. se ve similar a RUN=DIM Return to Earth (J) [!].wsc  Problemas graficos
¿Cuál es la limitación de hardware por la que algunos juegos  no funcionan?
@Juhn ¿hay algún tutorial para hacer los parches IPS de EEPROM to SRAM?
Gracias
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9