Freeplaytech Forum

Full Version: Retropie on Freeplay CM3 - hotkeys?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Noob here. Just finished assembling my Freeplay CM3, and everything seems to be working perfectly, except for hotkeys. For example, I have configured the controller, and set the power button as the hotkey as recommended, but it's not working. I'm not able to exit out of a ROM and return to the menu... I can only shut down completely and then reboot. Any help would be much appreciated!
How are you using the hotkey? What emulator are you using?

SOME emulators do not adhere to the libretro schemes. The libretro emulators are usually named with a "lr-" prefix.

You might want to hit START+SELECT in the emulator to see if that's the binding (which is common for the non-lr emulators).

Otherwise, our default scheme (hotkey toggle mode using the power button) would be to tap-release the power button and then tap the start button.

Can you SSH into the machine? If so, you can test the keys with the following command:
jstest /dev/input/js0

Also, you can post here with the output of this command:
cat /etc/modprobe.d/mk_arcade_joystick.conf
Tap-release on the power button followed by start worked perfectly. Thanks very much!