Freeplaytech Forum

Full Version: A little list of questions for CM3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone,
Just got my FP CM3 up and running and I had a few questions...

1. USB hub, will the usb on the cm3 support a standalone or do I need one with its own power supply?

2. Bluetooth dongle, I have a 8bitdo usb adapter works great for one controller but... I have two so now I need a dongle does anyone have any ideas on the better ones or is this one fine for use?  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009ZIILLI/ref...UTF8&psc=1

3. Upgrading retropie software do I need to?

4. Last is there a reset button on the back of the freeplay board? Is not how do I reset without having to disconnect the battery is a freeze happens. ( It has frozen when resetting emulator station after loading my roms on the system. A pain to take the case apart to remove battery. )

I have a few more but I'll get to those later. Thanks for any help you can send my way.
1) You can use an unpowered hub, but it will be very dependent on what all you plug into it. If it's all low-power stuff, it should be fine. I would recommend a hub with its own power supply, but it's not entirely necessary.

2) I have not yet heard of anyone getting a BT/WiFI combo dongle to work on Raspbian. As for BT by itself, I think anything that works well under Raspbian should work fine on the Freeplay CM3. I would assume there's some list like that online somewhere.

3) Upgrading should work. Make a backup before you do it. We do intend to release a new SD image sometime here, but we've been very swamped with other things lately.

4) There is a KILL button on the back near the power slider. This should instantly cut all power (like unplugging USB and the battery at the same time).
Thank you so much Flavor, I appreciate the help.