Freeplaytech Forum

Full Version: I Need Help With This Error!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
In my case, one trick in development world to solve problems it's go step by step and go to what is know.

In this case, the know for me it's try the rom directly on the emulator, then if this works, go to the next step. One recomendation is use another emulator, like ares or Bizhawk
(12-29-2021, 11:18 PM)NeoGeoFreak2004 Wrote: [ -> ]Here is the error, so when I try to type in compile.bat into the command prompt, it compiles, but the emulator will not work with the ROM and pops up with an error message. This is the full error: [PC 100003] swi 7 not found. my code is compiling but crashing on the emulator. so that is the error message I am getting

Hey,
you shouldn't execute code below address 0x200000 (and above 0x3FFFFF) as it's the start of ROM address.
That means that your code have either some kind of call or jump or stack overflow that set PC register to a wrong value.

Neopop have a debugger version that can help you to figure out where you come from (you can have the last 10 instructions, or set breatpoint at your crash address and get the last instructions too). Alas, it's great when all your code is assembly, harder when it's C.

This might help to figure out what function send you into oblivion.
(12-29-2021, 11:49 PM)KeiDash Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-29-2021, 11:18 PM)NeoGeoFreak2004 Wrote: [ -> ]Here is the error, so when I try to type in compile.bat into the command prompt, it compiles, but the emulator will not work with the ROM and pops up with an error message. This is the full error: [PC 100003] swi 7 not found. my code is compiling but crashing on the emulator. so that is the error message I am getting

What emulator and what OS are you using? Did you try to open the rom direclty in the emulator?

(12-30-2021, 08:07 PM)KeiDash Wrote: [ -> ]In my case, one trick in development world to solve problems it's go step by step and go to what is know.

In this case, the know for me it's try the rom directly on the emulator, then if this works, go to the next step. One recomendation is use another emulator, like ares or Bizhawk
well, when I boot the rom into the ares emulator with the ngpc bios it still shows me the white screen.
You can try vdmgr which includes a debugger: http://vdmgr.g2.xrea.com/download.html
you'll need the ngpc bios (to put in the bios folder)
If you have a simple project (sources + makefile) to reproduce the problem, maybe you can upload it here
(02-02-2022, 03:00 AM)sodthor Wrote: [ -> ]You can try vdmgr which includes a debugger: http://vdmgr.g2.xrea.com/download.html
If you have a simple project (sources + makefile) to reproduce the problem, maybe you can upload it here

Update: I made some edits to my main.c file but then when i boot the rom on a emulator it only shows up a white screen, idk what to do anymore so can you help me out please!
(02-19-2022, 05:28 AM)NeoGeoFreak2004 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-02-2022, 03:00 AM)sodthor Wrote: [ -> ]You can try vdmgr which includes a debugger: http://vdmgr.g2.xrea.com/download.html

Update: I made some edits to my main.c file but then when i boot the rom on a emulator it only shows up a white screen, idk what to do anymore so can you help me out please!

Share your code, this help us to help you xD
So here is the source code file i compiled, if i need to make any edits let me know.
(02-22-2022, 06:36 AM)NeoGeoFreak2004 Wrote: [ -> ]So here is the source code file i compiled, if i need to make any edits let me know.

Ok I saw the problem.

1. You are allowing at your code to exit outside the main function. If you don't put something to stop it (like a while loop for example), it will enter main and exit automatically.
Code:
void main ()
{

while(1){
      PrintString(""Happy New Year!");
   }
   return 0;

}

2. You are printing text without load the main or your own fonts. See SysSetSystemFont function in library.c

I think you should look at the existing examples to prevent errors of this type. If you have many doubts about "how prepare your first project" like "hello world" or something more simple, see this link, maybe help you.
well, I need help creating a simple hello world program because I want to get started making games for the ngpc.
(02-23-2022, 01:16 AM)NeoGeoFreak2004 Wrote: [ -> ]well, I need help creating a simple hello world program because I want to get started making games for the ngpc.

You can see Chris Ahchay tutorials to began your projects
Pages: 1 2 3