Freeplaytech Forum

Full Version: CM3 White screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My guess is that it's the just a section of the back light shining through. That might not be an actual defect issue. Maybe open it up and see if you can reposition the screen slightly so that's behind the screen cover. If you didn't stuff a little piece of foam (the piece that the screen ships with is perfect) in between the screen and Freeplay board, I would do that too. In addition to helping protect the board from unwanted pressure and heat, it'll also push it against the front a bit so it doesn't shift around. Could be that the screen just shifted slightly out of place.
To me, it looks like a line of white pixels which is different than backlight bleed.

If possible, could you take a photo of the LCD outside of the shell, so I can see the entire LCD showing an image (like you did before but removed from the shell)?

Also, if it is a line of white pixels, that's a LCD defect. Would you also open a SUPPORT request at https://www.freeplaytech.com/contact/ so we can follow up in case a replacement would be necessary?
(07-14-2021, 12:38 AM)Flavor Wrote: [ -> ]To me, it looks like a line of white pixels which is different than backlight bleed.

If possible, could you take a photo of the LCD outside of the shell, so I can see the entire LCD showing an image (like you did before but removed from the shell)?

Also, if it is a line of white pixels, that's a LCD defect.  Would you also open a SUPPORT request at https://www.freeplaytech.com/contact/ so we can follow up in case a replacement would be necessary?

I'll add a photo of it out of the case via support method soon, just means disassembling it and I'll be honest boxey pixel case is nice. But not the best case to keep screwing and unscrewing, I think the next one I build for my son will be using one of my old GBA shells.

But below is a photo I took close up on the line, if you look you can see where it's just a solid white line and either side of the line are coloured pixels so I don't believe this is due to the screen being off  centre in the case or a sizing issue it looks like a row of dead pixels.

[attachment=1282]

Zoomed out version
[attachment=1283]
Oh yep. RIP
F in chat?
Pages: 1 2