Freeplaytech Forum

Full Version: Boxy Pixel & Heatsink?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all,

Looks like the Boxy Pixel case can't fit the heatsink? Is that usually a problem? Mostly going to be playing 16 bit era and previous ROMS.

Thx
No. The heatsink is typically not needed for stuff like that. Also, the aluminum shell will help dissipate heat, anyway. You can get lower profile heat sinks or add a fan, but I doubt that you'll find that necessary.
(08-11-2021, 10:39 PM)arcane Wrote: [ -> ]Hey all,

Looks like the Boxy Pixel case can't fit the heatsink? Is that usually a problem? Mostly going to be playing 16 bit era and previous ROMS.

Thx

The system itself should be fine without the heatsink.  However I just built the CM3 Freeplay kit with the metal boxypixel shell and my heatsink fits in perfectly.

I will also say though I have received a temperature warning while doing intensive tasks on the device.  It can heat up quite a bit.  This is just the regular CM3 not the + though.  The CM3+ Lite is actually impossible to find.  I'm still personally looking for one.
You're correct, Sirenightfire, that the CM3+ runs cooler than the nonPlus version!