Freeplaytech Forum
WS Flash Masta v4.4 (early adopter version) - Printable Version

+- Freeplaytech Forum (https://forum.freeplaytech.com)
+-- Forum: WonderSwan (https://forum.freeplaytech.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Flash Masta (https://forum.freeplaytech.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: WS Flash Masta v4.4 (early adopter version) (/showthread.php?tid=4411)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: WS Flash Masta v4.4 (early adopter version) - BlindOldMan - 05-26-2016

(05-26-2016, 03:31 PM)mr.spiv Wrote: SNIP

Nice! Good to know that it works out ok on your end.

Mine should be coming in any day now, so I suppose I'll focus on the homebrew testing.

RE: WS Flash Masta v4.4 (early adopter version) - Flavor - 05-26-2016

For the FlashMasta app, we built a database of game names.

To show a game name on the menu, we'd need to build that into the app and/or let the user edit some non-volatile menu. Maybe both would be nice.

The app could flash a slot and then put the name of whatever it just flashed in an area of slot 0.

Maybe the DB of rominfo to name could be stored on the SD, but that would be much more complex for the WS.

RE: WS Flash Masta v4.4 (early adopter version) - mr.spiv - 05-27-2016

(05-26-2016, 11:11 PM)Flavor Wrote: For the FlashMasta app, we built a database of game names.

To show a game name on the menu, we'd need to build that into the app and/or let the user edit some non-volatile menu. Maybe both would be nice.

The app could flash a slot and then put the name of whatever it just flashed in an area of slot 0.

Maybe the DB of rominfo to name could be stored on the SD, but that would be much more complex for the WS.

Frankly, I would be happy with anything there.. any user definable string would do. Does not need a DB imho. Now I do not even see if the slot is occupied (or I missed something in the menu).

RE: WS Flash Masta v4.4 (early adopter version) - Flavor - 05-27-2016

Yeah. The current menu works. That was priority 1. Smile

RE: WS Flash Masta v4.4 (early adopter version) - fille1976 - 05-27-2016

hi,

received my cart today,installed driver,but the wonderswan FlashMasta_Win_32bit_1-21-16.zip doesnt work on my win xp.
it says access denied,or is it for windows 7-8-10?
and with the old software neolinkmasta v1.2 it doesnt find the wonderswan flashmasta.
got it working under windows 10,flavor,is there wonderswan software that works under xp?

RE: WS Flash Masta v4.4 (early adopter version) - BlindOldMan - 05-27-2016

(05-27-2016, 05:07 AM)fille1976 Wrote: SNIP
Hmmm.... when you tried to open it did it give the prompt "Windows protected your PC" or some of the sort, or just "Access Denied"?

If it's the former, you'd just need to click on "More Info" in that dialogue box and then the "Run Anyway" box will be available to click.

If it's the latter, do you happen to have any pictures of it? It might help narrow down the list of problems you might have.

RE: WS Flash Masta v4.4 (early adopter version) - goldenegg - 05-27-2016

Here's a few oddities and issues I've experienced.

1 - On OS X, it's not intuitive how to switch between loading WS and WSC ROMs. The pull-down to choose the ROM type is hidden by default, so you need to hit 'Options' to see it. The default filter should allow you to select either WS or WSC files.

2 - Game titles don't appear in selection menu on the system. I'm sure this is well known, but I had it on my list so I'm including it here.

3 - Guilty Gear Petit resets right before the first fight starts. I've only tried the No-Intro ROM so far

4 - GunPey EX doesn't load. It just stays on a blank screen when trying to load the ROM. I've tested with both the No-Intro and GoodSet 3.14 ROMs.

RE: WS Flash Masta v4.4 (early adopter version) - fille1976 - 05-27-2016

i will give more info tonight after my work for win xp.
as i remember,it just says access denied.

RE: WS Flash Masta v4.4 (early adopter version) - mic_ - 05-27-2016

Got mine yesterday. I haven't had time to try it out much yet, but the menu started up in my WonderSwan Color and I was able to load one of the pre-flashed ROMs, so so far so good.

RE: WS Flash Masta v4.4 (early adopter version) - fille1976 - 05-28-2016

buyed today a second wonderswan color,will arive in a week or 2,i think the software is for windows 7-8-10,on xp it gives me always access denied.
gona wait till flavor can look at it.
i use xp for skunkboard-neo geo flashmasta,but its not a problem if i have to use windows 10.