Freeplaytech Forum
NeoGPC v1.1.0 - (11/9/2013) - Printable Version

+- Freeplaytech Forum (https://forum.freeplaytech.com)
+-- Forum: Neo Geo Pocket (https://forum.freeplaytech.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Software Development (https://forum.freeplaytech.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: NeoGPC v1.1.0 - (11/9/2013) (/showthread.php?tid=87)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: NeoGPC v1.0.0 - Flavor - 09-04-2013

Excellent. Please keep us updated.

Did I give you an opcode test ROM before? Judge made one that I have somewhere. IIRC, it tests a bunch of functionality and tells you if there are any problems in the emulation. If you want that ROM, let me know. I'm sure I can find it.

RE: NeoGPC v1.0.0 - Cthulhu32 - 09-04-2013

(09-04-2013, 02:08 AM)Flavor Wrote: Excellent. Please keep us updated.

Did I give you an opcode test ROM before? Judge made one that I have somewhere. IIRC, it tests a bunch of functionality and tells you if there are any problems in the emulation. If you want that ROM, let me know. I'm sure I can find it.

I don't believe so. I would love to see an opcode ROM, as I've been struggling a little bit to figure out how to translate all the opcodes to AS. Shoot me an email or post it here and I'll grab it, thanks!

RE: NeoGPC v1.0.0 - mic_ - 09-10-2013

Looking forward to the day it emulates all execution timings more or less accurately so that I won't have to flash my cartridge everytime I want to test my stuff Wink Or does it do that already?

RE: NeoGPC v1.0.0 - Flavor - 09-10-2013

Try this cpu test ROM.

.zip   cputest1.zip (Size: 304.12 KB / Downloads: 3)
I'm sorry that I didn't get it to you sooner. I'm glad _mic replied to this thread to spark my memory.

RE: NeoGPC v1.0.0 - Cthulhu32 - 09-16-2013

Awesome, thank you Flavor!!

Mic_, unfortunately I haven't been able to start diving deep into the opcodes/hardware roms to find issues, but that is the next step after I'm happy with the debugger Smile

I decided to abandon the method I was using for decoding the opcodes and went back to using a modified ngdis by Jouni Korhonen (JiC). The debugger now successfully debugs ROMs, and puts it in a temporary buffer. I'm going to dive more into FCEUX to look at how they handle making the debugger more user friendly. They do a cool thing with displaying the lines as quickly as possible by settings the dialog text and making the vertical scroll lines a separate length, then looking at the scroll id.

Anyway, here's the latest:

RE: NeoGPC v1.0.0 - mic_ - 09-16-2013

Cool. It needs a monospaced font. And it would be nice if the instruction addresses were shown.

RE: NeoGPC v1.1.0 - Cthulhu32 - 11-10-2013

Updated to 1.1.0! The debugger is mostly working, I've been looking at how FCEUX handles stepping out and stepping over. I might also look at MEKA as well, because I'm a little confused on how this functionality can work with more complex CALL functions. Like does MEKA step over DJNZ?

I still have a lot to work on (including the fonts!) but the damn thing seems to be working now! Its also kind of cool to see the Z80's basic registers running while the tlcs900h is doing its stuff. I'm debating if I'm going to pull all Z80 functionality out of the tlcs900h window, and move it all to the Z80 debugger window.

RE: NeoGPC v1.1.0 - azoreseuropa - 11-10-2013

Wow. It is so much better. I cannot believe it. You have done it. Good job!

One question for you - Yes, i have the bios. I want to run this bios like a real neo geo pocket color:

[Image: ngpc.gif]

RE: NeoGPC v1.1.0 - Cthulhu32 - 11-11-2013

(11-10-2013, 10:01 PM)bearmon2010 Wrote: Wow. It is so much better. I cannot believe it. You have done it. Good job!

One question for you - Yes, i have the bios. I want to run this bios like a real neo geo pocket color:

Real bios does not work yet, but it's coming!

RE: NeoGPC v1.1.0 - azoreseuropa - 11-11-2013

(11-11-2013, 11:08 AM)Cthulhu32 Wrote:
(11-10-2013, 10:01 PM)bearmon2010 Wrote: Wow. It is so much better. I cannot believe it. You have done it. Good job!

Real bios does not work yet, but it's coming!

Ahh, great. I can't wait. Cheers!