Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NeoTracker to code?
Hi all,

Today I had visited the site pouet.net and I seen the NeoTracker windows tool by Ivan Mackintosh (it's awesome that this exists from 2002 and I didn't know it...).

I tried a little and I have a doubt, someone know if I can export a edited tracker to .c code? I see that I can export to .ntb or mod files but I don't know if I will be able to load this files with the NeoTracker code methods.

Someone know something about that?

Regards,
(11-20-2018, 08:06 PM)KeiDash Wrote: Hi all,

Today I had visited the site pouet.net and I seen the NeoTracker windows tool by Ivan Mackintosh (it's awesome that this exists from 2002 and I didn't know it...).

I tried a little and I have a doubt, someone know if I can export a edited tracker to .c code? I see that I can export to .ntb or mod files but I don't know if I will be able to load this files with the NeoTracker code methods.

Someone know something about that?

Regards,

Hi,

I think you'll have to translate ntb files to c by yourself (bin2c). As far as I remember, it should be loaded to z80 memory like the ripped musics.
Else, you can try to find more info inthe old geocities group:
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/ngpc...neotracker

Thor
(11-20-2018, 08:24 PM)sodthor Wrote: Hi,

I think you'll have to translate ntb files to c by yourself (bin2c). As far as I remember, it should be loaded to z80 memory like the ripped musics.
Else, you can try to find more info inthe old geocities group:
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/ngpc...neotracker

Thor

Hey Thor!! How are you? We have not talked for many years.

Are you working on something? The last that I knew was the Pocket Rumble game.

Thanks for your reply, I'm going to looking something about bin2c, many thanks.
Hmmm. I think the version of NeoTracker that is still around/being linked to is v1 - there should be a version 1.1 release somewhere that includes export as .c structures - although, yes, I dare say all it really does is dump out the binary stream as a c array.
For anyone else who comes across this and wonders how to save C output, the version of NeoTracker that is linked in the OP actually IS v1.1.  The version # was apparently not updated when viewing help->about.

I found an original listing for version 1.1 on archive.org and it mentions that MOD imports were added to v1.1 and the version linked in the OP has this feature.
Listing was tracked for this URL: http://www.severnroad.co.uk/ngp/
Go to the Sound Section.

The note was: 
Quote:NeoTracker 1.1
NeoTracker is a Windows PC application that allows Music and Sound Effects to be created for the NGPC. It can output in either C or ASM format. The C support libraries are contained within the C Framework. For ASM see below.
New for v1.1 - MOD file import, thanks go to Thor for this addition

To export to C, you have to use View -> Group Editor.  Then add saved ntb files as Music and use the Export C button.
(04-30-2020, 02:32 AM)winteriscoming Wrote: For anyone else who comes across this and wonders how to save C output, the version of NeoTracker that is linked in the OP actually IS v1.1.  The version # was apparently not updated when viewing help->about.

I found an original listing for version 1.1 on archive.org and it mentions that MOD imports were added to v1.1 and the version linked in the OP has this feature.
Go to the Sound Section.

The note was: 
NeoTracker is a Windows PC application that allows Music and Sound Effects to be created for the NGPC. It can output in either C or ASM format. The C support libraries are contained within the C Framework. For ASM see below.

To export to C, you have to use View -> Group Editor.  Then add saved ntb files as Music and use the Export C button.

Thanks for the info Winter, butr the link doesn't work Undecided. Had you downloaded the linker? Maybe if you has it. you'll be able to share it here?

Thanks
(06-25-2020, 08:02 PM)KeiDash Wrote:
(04-30-2020, 02:32 AM)winteriscoming Wrote: For anyone else who comes across this and wonders how to save C output, the version of NeoTracker that is linked in the OP actually IS v1.1.  The version # was apparently not updated when viewing help->about.

Go to the Sound Section.

The note was: 

Thanks for the info Winter, butr the link doesn't work Undecided. Had you downloaded the linker? Maybe if you has it. you'll be able to share it here?

Thanks
It's the one you linked in the first post.  That one is v1.1 even though it says 1.0.
(06-25-2020, 08:37 PM)winteriscoming Wrote: It's the one you linked in the first post.  That one is v1.1 even though it says 1.0.

Whops nice then!! Thanks