Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NeoGPC v1.1.0 - (11/9/2013)
Nice. I tried out the latest version, and thought I'd mention a few bugs (running in Win7/64-bit):

* As soon as I start the emulator it starts using 20% or more CPU, before I've even loaded a ROM.
* The Load ROM dialog doesn't find any ROMs (I've tried naming my ROMs both .NGP and .NGPC). I have to actually type in the filenames in the "Filename:" field at the bottom of the dialog window.
* Trying to launch the debugger without having loaded a ROM crashes the emulator.
Excelent test and updates. I see that you work on VS with c++ project. You are sharing the code or will be possible in the future?
(11-12-2013, 06:01 AM)mic_ Wrote: Nice. I tried out the latest version, and thought I'd mention a few bugs (running in Win7/64-bit):

* As soon as I start the emulator it starts using 20% or more CPU, before I've even loaded a ROM.
* The Load ROM dialog doesn't find any ROMs (I've tried naming my ROMs both .NGP and .NGPC). I have to actually type in the filenames in the "Filename:" field at the bottom of the dialog window.
* Trying to launch the debugger without having loaded a ROM crashes the emulator.

Just spotted the CPU issue, I wasn't giving back time to the CPU when it needed to happen. I borrowed my solution from FCEU, which I think makes sense. Basically the way it should work is
while ( 1 )
{
if ( time_left > fps_cycle)
{
// Do a full CPU/gfx/sfx audio
Sleep 10 ms
}
}

Assuming our cycles are 13.3333ms (60fps), then this gives back time to the CPU for roughly 10 of the 13.333 seconds, and Windows sleep is not accurate so we can almost guarantee it will be between 9 and 11 ms. So we still capture the CPU between time-span 11-13, but we should be pretty accurate right around the fps_cycle curve.

NeoGPC doesn't load ngp's right now, so all it will play is .ngc Smile ZIP support will come as well as ngp and looking for the ngpc naming scheme. Hmmm I haven't seen that crash, but its probably trying to disassemble uninitialized memory. I'll need to add a lot of checks in to make sure it can handle loading roms, unloading them, keeping the debugger open/close, all that good stuff.

KeiDash -
Its fully open source, you can download all the code from SVN here: http://code.google.com/p/neogpc/source/checkout
Does it really need to be in that while loop when a ROM hasn't been loaded?

Seems like the idle loop could be something like:

Code:
while (!romLoaded) {
    Sleep(10);
}
(11-13-2013, 06:50 PM)mic_ Wrote: Does it really need to be in that while loop when a ROM hasn't been loaded?

Seems like the idle loop could be something like:

Code:
while (!romLoaded) {
    Sleep(10);
}

Heh I quietly added that as well after I posted Smile Makes the most sense to me.
Code:
NeoGPC SVN Changelog:
r18
Start of emulating the real bios.

Cool.

Now, how do I run it ? Bio didn't showing up on the screen before the game started. The game works fine, thought. I put the ngpbios.bin in the same place as NeoGPC. the bios is 64kb if it is correct size.
(11-15-2013, 10:17 PM)bearmon2010 Wrote:
Code:
NeoGPC SVN Changelog:
r18

Cool.

Now, how do I run it ? Bio didn't showing up on the screen before the game started. The game works fine, thought. I put the ngpbios.bin in the same place as NeoGPC. the bios is 64kb if it is correct size.

I'll make a post when I have the bios working. Don't worry about my SVN comments so much, I'll release officially here when I'm ready to show off some more.
(11-16-2013, 11:56 AM)Cthulhu32 Wrote:
Code:
NeoGPC SVN Changelog:
r18

Cool.

I'll make a post when I have the bios working. Don't worry about my SVN comments so much, I'll release officially here when I'm ready to show off some more.

Ahh, I gotcha. One more thing.. is that ngpbios.bin correct and the size is 64kb ? Curiosity. Thanks. Cheers!Wink
(11-16-2013, 12:17 PM)bearmon2010 Wrote:
Code:
NeoGPC SVN Changelog:
r18

Cool.

Ahh, I gotcha. One more thing.. is that ngpbios.bin correct and the size is 64kb ? Curiosity. Thanks. Cheers!Wink

Yeah it is.... I should probably remove it from the SVN. Confused I'm thinking once I get the bios working, I might make my own custom BIOS that does the core functionality but does not have the fancy boot-stuff.
(11-17-2013, 02:30 PM)Cthulhu32 Wrote:
(11-16-2013, 12:17 PM)bearmon2010 Wrote:
Code:
NeoGPC SVN Changelog:
r18

Cool.

Yeah it is.... I should probably remove it from the SVN. Confused I'm thinking once I get the bios working, I might make my own custom BIOS that does the core functionality but does not have the fancy boot-stuff.

I hope that you will get the bios working. Wait.. own custom bios ? Why dont you get the bios itself like the picture I posted here more accurate instead of your own custom bios? Correct me if I am wrong or misunderstood.