New Retropie themes meant for 640x480 and/or 3.5" screens
(07-21-2017, 06:30 AM)Flavor Wrote:
(07-21-2017, 06:25 AM)RxBrad Wrote: Both themes just landed on RetroPie-Setup yesterday, so they should actually be pretty easy to install now. They work best if you have an up-to-date version of RetroPie with the Game Collections features (and if your Pi can handle it, video previews).

Hey RxBrad! It seems like you're the creator/maintainer of these themes. Nice work! Thanks!

I installed them as you mentioned on your README ("directly from RetroPie-Setup"). It was super easy, and when I found the SLIDE transition style setting, that was a bonus.

Can you talk a bit more about the collections features?

Thanks!

In the latest version of RetroPie, if you press Start and go into "Game Collection Settings", you can enable an "All Games", "Favorites", and "Last Played" menu.

In the next couple weeks, the developers of RetroPie are also planning on releasing "Custom Collections" functionality, which lets you arrange games into folders of your liking.

Today, I just updated the theme with a small tweak to allow some basic folder organization while we wait for Custom Collections. RetroPie allows you to move ROMs into subfolders in each system's ROM folder, and that folder shows up in the gamelist. I altered the font in the theme so, if you begin the folder name with " § " (that's [space][Alt-0167][space]), it'll have a folder icon next to it in the gamelist.

[Image: dsQLwlT.jpg]

Note that File Explorer in Windows doesn't let you start a filename / foldername with a space. You have to use command line. For example:

Quote:rename Batman " § Batman"

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Retropie themes meant for 640x480 and/or 3.5" screens - by RxBrad - 07-21-2017, 06:42 AM