White Line on Screen
I'll open an inquiry when I get home from work so I can get some pictures for you. Unfortunately, I have no idea how or why it would develop either. Despite my general clumsy nature, it hasn't experienced any drops or falls. I haven't traveled with it yet, either, so it hasn't really left my couch/end table since I built it.

What is most bizarre is that the line developed while I was playing a game. To be clear, it wasn't there when I started playing, but I noticed it after about ten minutes of playing. Since opening the shell back up and reassembling it, I have noticed two more vertical lines have appeared. I have one on the far left of the screen and two more slightly to the right of the first. These new lines also formed while playing. Although I am liable to get animated while playing NHL '94, I didn't violently shake the housing or anything, so I'm completely at a loss as to why these new lines would develop.

With laptops you sometimes see this when the ribbon cable gets damaged. The repeated opening and closing of the laptop can cause this over time. I don't think that's the case here, though. Upon inspection, the ribbon cable looks normal, it's properly seated, and it shouldn't move significantly with the case closed anyway, so I have no idea how it would get damaged.

I apologize for not being much help. I'm just totally at a loss and was hoping someone else had worked through a similar issue.

Messages In This Thread
White Line on Screen - by petraiwe - 02-21-2018, 07:46 AM
RE: White Line on Screen - by Flavor - 02-22-2018, 01:04 AM
RE: White Line on Screen - by petraiwe - 02-22-2018, 02:31 AM
RE: White Line on Screen - by Flavor - 02-22-2018, 03:19 AM
RE: White Line on Screen - by ewells - 04-12-2018, 03:32 PM
RE: White Line on Screen - by Flavor - 04-12-2018, 10:45 PM