Need help with other emulators and configurations
Hi,

i'm Sjaaks from the Netherlands. I finally got around to build my Freeplay Zero and i'll be showing my build very soon. I'm also working on a YouTube build video since it's not your typical FPZ build. But more on that, later.

Because right now i'm having some trouble. SNES en NES (let alone GBA) performance is terrible. The NES emulator has some minor stuttering issues but the sound/music is too high pitched for most games. It's way off. The SNES emulator has major visual and audio stuttering issues. I installed the most recent image from this website and i noticed some (at least to me) weird emulators. nestopia? lr-snes9x2002? On my Raspberry Pi 2B i use lr-snes9x2010 and it runs flawlessly, on my Raspi Zero it runs terribly! Bluetooth and Wi-Fi are disabled, because i read in another topic that this influences performance as well.

So, what to do? The default emulators provided with this image perform terribly and i'm wondering if that's normal or do the default emulators work well with your FPZ's? Another question is, if i was to use other emulators, how do i fix my configs? I tried copying the input config of the "GPIO Controller" config to my "snes9x" retroarch.cfg hoping it would pickup the right button mappings but alas.

I really hope someone can help because right now, it's very dissappointing... I at least thought that NES games and SNES games (except for Super FX games and such) would be running very well.

Thank you very much, in advance.

Messages In This Thread
Need help with other emulators and configurations - by Sjaaks - 08-10-2018, 07:39 AM