SOLVED - PSX troubles
Not sure how much help I can get here, but I'll explain.

So I saw there was a Freeplay driver update that was supposed to smooth out the frame rates, so I decided to add it to my existing 4.3 image. It did not work however. I saw the newest inage has this update, so I wiped the SD card and installed the newest Freeplay image. Same thing, driver didn't work...

So I went back to 4.3, and set up my emulators so everything is working fine. PlayStation however... Idk why, but every game I launch, after the run command shows up, it completely freezes. Holding the power switch does not shut it off, so I have to disconnect the battery every time. I'm using PCSX-ReArmed, the non libretro core because it has much better performance on the Pi Zero. It worked flawlessly before I moved to 4.4 for the display driver update, and I can't understand why it does not work anymore. Very frustrating.

If anyone has any ideas, let me know. My boot config and fbcp configs are unchanged, except for these added lines to boot config:

hdmi_cvt=320 240 60 1 0 0 0
hdmi_mode=87

I used these settings previously on my old 4.3 image and everything worked great. I should add that the lr core works fine, but the performance is not great enough to work on a Pi Zero.

Edit: this is what I see when I select a game:

http://imgur.com/97frpPi

Messages In This Thread
SOLVED - PSX troubles - by Ordinary Vanity - 08-20-2018, 08:14 AM
RE: PSX troubles - by Ordinary Vanity - 08-21-2018, 05:44 AM
RE: PSX troubles - by Mootikins - 08-21-2018, 07:28 AM
RE: PSX troubles - by Ordinary Vanity - 08-21-2018, 08:26 AM
RE: PSX troubles - by Ordinary Vanity - 08-21-2018, 09:41 AM