Retropie configuration and adding games
(02-15-2019, 02:35 PM)Porcinus Wrote: The Retropie USB copy method has a huge disadvantage, you never really know what the system is really doing :/

Did you plug and unplug the USB stick when the Freeplay CM3 was running ?
If so, try to plug it before starting the device, once started leave the stick blink for 5min then shutdown the system and check if it did something.

If it doesn't work, I have no other idea for the USB stick method.

If you what to try copy via WiFi, you need to create a file named 'wpa_supplicant.conf' into SD card 'boot' partition that contening:

Code:
ctrl_interface=DIR=/var/run/wpa_supplicant GROUP=netdev
update_config=1
country=US
# RETROPIE CONFIG START
network={
    ssid="YOUR WIFI SSID"
    psk="YOUR WIFI PASSWORD"
}
# RETROPIE CONFIG END

Just edit "YOUR WIFI SSID" and "YOUR WIFI PASSWORD" but leaving the quotes.
When the device is starting, it should replace the file in your system and you may be able to connect to your network.
To check that go to the Retropie on the main screen then on the bottom run WiFi, if it worked the script will give you your network IP. At this point it may ask you about setting your country for wireless regulation.

So, i'm not home yet, but i gave a bit of a try to messing around with the file manager built into the retropie system. Figured i'd try to manually move the games.

I'm not a linux guy, so i'm trying to figure my way around it, but i did read that the USB drive should be visible in /meda/usb, and it's not. The USB doesn't exist, per the Pie.

Odd right?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Retropie configuration and adding games - by JazzNeurotic - 02-16-2019, 09:50 AM