Ultimate Pi Zero Thread (Playstation at full speed?)
(04-06-2019, 04:30 PM)Porcinus Wrote: Resident Evil 2 is particular but can be consider as a multi disk game, if you combine Leon and Claire CD into one file, it should work, you will just have to switch CD when start the emulator. Another option is to use memcard 2 that is untouched but the launcher.

Ah, okay. Makes sense!

Got some games to report. These were all ran on my Freeplay Zero with the experimental DMA driver.

Silent Hill: runs flawlessly, but objects have a white bounding box around them due to the default Unai graphics driver in PCSX-ReARMed not having a mask bit option. Menus, logos and still images have some black bars present in OpenGL. In SDL, no problems occur, but aspect ratio for menus and still images is squished.

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - No issues, minor slowdown with some framebuffer effects (full HP items dropped from bosses hit FPS pretty hard but again that's minor).

Resident Evil 1-3: Working flawlessly. Some minor glitches in 3 where explosions are used, but nothing game breaking.

Brave Fencer Musashi: Surprisingly a little too taxing for the pi zero. Frame rate isn't quite enough, and there's a bug that doesn't allow rapid pressing of buttons, so you can't steal abilities from enemies.

Metal Gear Solid: I've only played up to meeting Meryl, bit so far it's been pretty much perfect. Motion blur effects don't emulate properly, but it's not a game breaker.

Tomb Raider 2: Runs fine, but can be slow in big open areas. Lara's mansion chugs a bit for example. First level seemed fine though, which isn't as open.

Twisted Metal 2: runs great! Can't really play it on my FPZ due to not having L2 and R2 buttons but it works just fine from what I can tell.

I will be testing more games, but in the meantime, it would be great if the emulator itself could be compiled with Exophase's NEON GPU core enabled by default, as their readme says that graphics options are limited to what the package is compiled with.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ultimate Pi Zero Thread (Playstation at full speed?) - by Ordinary Vanity - 04-06-2019, 11:43 PM