Soft Tack buttons with old button layout?
(08-27-2019, 08:32 AM)Flavor Wrote: Are you wanting to do this with the Boxy Pixel metal shell or with a plastic shell?  

I actually feel like I'm not 100% sure what you're asking.  You said that you prefer the older layout, but then you said you want the soft buttons.  Do you mean that you want the feel of the soft rubber buttons in the layout of the long-clicky buttons?  I don't think that can be done.  We put a lot of time and effort into that, and it is quite difficult.  That's why we decided on the new configuration.  You could, in theory, replace the long clicky buttons with rubber shafts (like the START/SELECT buttons have).  It is just difficult to get them to work that way.  I don't know of anyone who has implemented that.

I am looking to getting a plastic shell modded to the long clicky button configuration with the soft buttons. I prefer that orientation since the new button layout is not actually a diamond/cross shape and is slightly slanted counter clockwise. Is it more due to the soft tack buttons just being too big to fit in that orientation? Like the top left button will get in the way of the lcd?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Soft Tack buttons with old button layout? - by Sdsviet - 08-28-2019, 12:02 PM