Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WS Flash Masta Not Showing Up (Zadig)
Hey!

Ok I figured out what my problem was. I miss understood the information that was being presented to me by Zadig because in the video tutorial I thought that I needed to see something under the driver section in order for Zadig to recognize the device but that is not the case at all. So, for anyone who needs a little guide I went ahead and wrote this up because I feel someone else may reason the same way I did and get confused. 

How to Properly Prepare your Flash Masta Wonderswan:

Step 1: Find a Micro USB DATA TRANSFER CABLE to USB 2.0/3.0 to make sure that data can be written or transferred from PC to Flash Masta Wonderswan and vise versa.

Step 2: Plug the Micro USB side into your Flash Masta Wonderswan Cart (located on top right if cart is facing you) and the other end into your PC USB port.

Step 3: If you have not already please visit https://www.flashmasta.com/software-downloads/ and download    the required files starting from the top and working your way down.
           (Because I am working on a windows PC I will be downloading Zadig)

Step 4: When you click on Zadig it will send you here https://zadig.akeo.ie/  scroll down to the downloads section and download the program (as of this writing the latest version is 2.5)

Step 5: Once the download process is complete locate the Zadig.exe file and double click to open it. 

Step 6: Now this is the part I got confused. When Zadig is running if it does not recognize your Wonderswan Flash Masta try a few things
        6a. Connecting to another USB port
        6b. Try going under options in Zadig and selecting [Show all Devices] and selecting it from the drop down menu.
        6c. Flavor also wrote about other possible solution in this thread if the top two solutions did not work

Note: This shouldn't be a problem anymore and it was not for me, like I said I just misunderstood the information presented. 

Step 7. Once Zadig recognizes your Wonderswan Flash Masta you will see the following information populated.

WS Flash Masta USB
Driver [NONE] (green arrow) > [WinUSB (v6.1.7600.16385)]
USB ID [ 20A0] [4252]           
                                     [Install Driver]

When I saw this information I thought that the Wonderswan Flash Masta was not being recognized because in the video tutorial under the Drive section it shows [usbser (v1.0.0.0) and I thought that what was going to be written to the Wonderswan Flash Masta but its actually the opposite. That information is what IS on the Wonderswan Flash Masta currently and WinUSB (v6.1.7600.16385) is what will be written to it. SO the way to read this information is as followed. 
        Congratulations! your Wonderswan Flash Masta IS being recognized by Zadig and all you have to do is hit the [Install Driver] button and watch it go

Step 8. You will be greeted with a success popup window and your good to go and follow the rest of the tutorial video located here. 
https://youtu.be/i4kjkIWeOrQ 

If someone needs me to write up the next few steps let me know!

Messages In This Thread
RE: WS Flash Masta Not Showing Up (Zadig) - by XxKeeperxX - 08-28-2021, 05:22 AM