60 Frames Per Second?
I have run in to something and am curious if anyone else has had similar issues.

I've switched over to the "Exp" driver and generally see 60 fps however there are a couple scenarios where I don't:
- When initially starting a game the fps starts slow (for just a few seconds) and then ramps up to 60 and stays there.
- When opening the emulation station menu (start button) and then closing it. For a few seconds afterwards navigating the systems carousel happens at a reduced frame rate but just like the games after a few seconds it speeds right back up to 60 fps.

My only guess at the moment would be that the CPU might throttle down reducing the frame rate and once it boosts itself back up the frame rate improves.
(12-05-2018, 02:23 PM)evan Wrote: I have run in to something and am curious if anyone else has had similar issues.

I've switched over to the "Exp" driver and generally see 60 fps however there are a couple scenarios where I don't:
- When initially starting a game the fps starts slow (for just a few seconds) and then ramps up to 60 and stays there.
- When opening the emulation station menu (start button) and then closing it. For a few seconds afterwards navigating the systems carousel happens at a reduced frame rate but just like the games after a few seconds it speeds right back up to 60 fps.

My only guess at the moment would be that the CPU might throttle down reducing the frame rate and once it boosts itself back up the frame rate improves.

I think this is due to how the fbcp works. Instead of drawing all pixels every frame, it draws only the ones that change, and that probably taxes the processor a bit. It happens on my FPZ too. Mine seems to have a spike every few seconds.