Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WonderWitch Emulator
It's always been unclear to me how you're supposed to run games that are split into several files. There's always the single *.fx, but there can be several other files. With the WonderWitch cartridge, you'd transfer the files to rom0, but even when I did that [place the *.fx wherever, put everything else in rom0], I never got any results. Placing the *.fx file in rom0 doesn't help, either.

There aren't many WonderWitch games worth the trouble, so I never did much experimenting or even asking around. Besides, when I first came across this emulator, there was no one to ask. WonderSwan itself was an obscure platform, not to mention all the WonderWitch related stuff. The ever-expanding internet is of more help these days.

So, is it even possible to run color things successfully on this piece of software? The only thing I remember running was the Kenta Cho shooter, but it was a single *.fx file, and it was b&w.

Edit - I forgot to mention that running Judgement Silversword: RE causes the emulator to display a message about an unsupported opcode, so I guess it can't be emulated either way. I'm still curious about Rave Hunter, though. That YouTube video had to be made somehow, and it's a direct feed, so it's emulation [or someone connected their WS to a computer, the way that Japanese developer did, which I doubt].

Messages In This Thread
WonderWitch Emulator - by wyndcrosser - 02-09-2013, 06:28 AM
RE: WonderWitch Emulator - by Morden - 02-11-2013, 09:17 PM
RE: WonderWitch Emulator - by Flavor - 03-12-2015, 04:20 AM
RE: WonderWitch Emulator - by stophle - 12-29-2018, 08:19 PM