Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nige Ron Pa - English Translation
I lost work before, thats why I did Dropbox, it saves everything, remote storage and versioning. Life saver.
It took me "some" time, but here's a new version of NIGERONPA english translation.
Most of the translation work was done by JinRawX from Reddit forum.
Menu translation is a mix of google and my own understanding of the game.

The work still not finished, but the game is playable. Some text lines are still missing translation, and other are unaccurate, but I can't do better ^^.

I haven't translated the link-up menu, and party member dialogs are not correctly loaded (missing carriage return).

The name input menu is minimalist and should be reworked.

I've corrected a bug in the Worker Base upgrade menu. If you choose an upgrade, it's price is automaticaly subtracted from your total money before asking for transaction confirmation.

The party member description is still untranslated, and replaced by generic text.

Save Game work on emulator, bung and flashmasta. It should work on RetroHQ NeogeoPocketSD but it's untested.

Here's the latest rom.

Any translation improvement welcome !

Loïc

Attached Files
.zip   nigeronpa_english.zip (Size: 561.5 KB / Downloads: 26)
Great. Thks for the hard work
This is a great job!

Now I can play this game. I have waited for this day for a long time. I'm also prepared a translation of Evolution for ngpc and I felt how difficult it is to make a translation.

Thanks a lot and good job!
(10-09-2018, 02:53 AM)KeiDash Wrote: This is a great job!

Now I can play this game. I have waited for this day for a long time.  I'm also prepared a translation of Evolution for ngpc and I felt how difficult it is to make a translation.

Thanks a lot and good job!

Hey KeiDash,

thank for your comment !
Evolution Spanish version ?
Hi Loïc,

Yes the Spanish version of Evolution. it's shared on romhacking.net, I translated the beginning of the game only.

When I'll have free time, I'll continue with this because I'm developing a game for Dreamcast right now.

For me, it's more interesting translate japanese games to english but I don't know how to do it (hex editors, japanese tables, etc). I tryed twice times to do it but I lost a lot of time to get the knowledge to do it and never got anything.
(10-09-2018, 10:19 PM)KeiDash Wrote: ...

I've successfully bypassed romhacking default english filter..

To create the hiragana/katakana table, I used the char name input screen + savegame.
Replacing the 'name' string in my saved game by new values and reloading it, I uncovered all the displayable value, + some control/special values that I figured out later.
The hardest part was to find the utf-8 equivalent of earch tile.

Later, I created a disassembly utility based on neopop sources. With neopop, I could stop the game at any point and see it's code.
I could identify some functions that helped to find some ingame table structure, or how to resize in-game menu.
(10-10-2018, 01:54 AM)Loïc Wrote: ...

I had a little concept with your explanation, but in my case, I'll should see a example step by step to understand it (don't worry, I don't pretend that you teach me how to do it)

I would like to translate KOF Battle de Paradise in my case hehehe.

Regards,
(10-10-2018, 05:42 PM)KeiDash Wrote: ...

I never tried to look at his game. It might worth giving it a try, but it looks like it require a lot of gfx edit.
I decided to check and see what was new on romhacking and was floored to see not one, but two NGPC projects released in the past few months. I was starting to think that the NGPC localization scene was totally dead.

I will download your work later and dust off the loader for my Flashmasta. It has been a long time since I put something new on it.

Here's hoping that Tactics Ogre and Biomotor Unitron 2 will get localized someday!