Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WS Flash Masta v4.4 (early adopter version)
Welp, been testing this out so far.

These few games seem to work out okay...
Digimon D Project
One Piece Swan Colosseum
Dicing Knight
Judgement Silversword
XI (Devil Dice)
.wsc
Final Fantasy -saves
X Card of Fate -no save, no PtoP with cable or IR
Girl Demo by Dox (PD) -works and confirms homebrew development!

.ws
Space invaders
Kaze no Klonoa
Teken Card Challenge -PtoP with cable but not IR
Puzzle Bobble
Makaimura for WS
Hanafuda Shiyou Yo
Pocket Fighter
'llo here, 'got my WS Flash Masta today.
'poweredd it On, played the first and last slots.
I'll have to set up the whole flashing stuff.
Thank you Flavor
See ya !
'llo, me again !
Well, actually i had trouble to install the drivers. I think that's at Zadig stage where I fail. I tried to install almost everything from Zadig's soft (the 3 or 4 choices) but no luck. i'm at my job right now so i don't remember each details ^^
Anyway, i don't even have the "device detected" sound...
I'm using Windows 7 32bits by the way.
My Flashmasta works fine still.
Do anyone have some kind of Zadig FAQ/How to ?
Thank you very much !
(06-03-2016, 03:40 PM)MockyLock Wrote: 'llo, me again !
Well, actually i had trouble to install the drivers. I think that's at Zadig stage where I fail. I tried to install almost everything from Zadig's soft (the 3 or 4 choices) but no luck. i'm at my job right now so i don't remember each details ^^
Anyway, i don't even have the "device detected" sound...
I'm using Windows 7 32bits by the way.
My Flashmasta works fine still.
Do anyone have some kind of Zadig FAQ/How to ?
Thank you very much !

Try to plug it in an other computer if you can.
If it's the same USB device as the Neo-geo Pocket FlasmMasta, then it can have compatibility issue with some USB chipset.
If it's working fine on an other computer(i.e. the device is detected by the OS), you can still use it on your computer through a USB HUB (that's what I had to do on my previous hardware).

Zadig drivers can be installed only after windows detect the FlashMasta hardware properly.
I had similar troubles. First, you'll know it's recognized when the red light glows on the Flash Masta. In my case, this happens most when I plug the USB cable into the computer first and then the Flash Masta into the end of the cable. If you still have no result, try using a new USB cable. I got more consistent connections that way. Also, try all the USB slots on your computer. I use the Flash Masta on two different systems and it may work on a different USB port each time.
Thank you guys !
So as my Flashmasta isn't recognized, i didn't install the good drivers... that's the point.
When i connect the Flasmasta to my compyter, the red LED blink once then stay off. It already tried another câble, and both USB ports (but in front of my tower). I'll try the back USB, than on another computer ; and report later.
See ya !
The cart was delivered today and this is really great stuff. And thanks for the NGP cart pendant Smile

This is my testing evironment:
FlashMasta_Win_64bit_1-21-16 on Windows 10 Pro x64 14252.rs1 with SwanMenu 5-13-16 / v4.4. on SwanCrystal with frontlight mod

Flashed to the cart:
2. Arc The Lad - Kijin Fukkatsu (J) WSC 64 MiB 6 min ok
3. Chou Aniki - Otoko no Tamafuda (J) [M] WS 8 MiB 39 sec ok
4. Dicing Knight Period (J) [T+Eng1.0_AGTP] WSC 4 MiB 22 sec ok
5. Digimon Digital Monsters - Anode & Cathode Tamer - Veedramon Version (As) [!] WSC 32 MiB 2:36 min ok
6. Final Fantasy IV (J) [T+Eng05] WSC 32 MiB 2:36 min ok
7. Golden Axe (J) [!] WSC 32 MiB 2:30 min ok
8. Gunpey Ex (J) [!] WSC 8 MiB 40 sec nok
9. Judgement Silversword - Rebirth Edition (J) [!] WSC 4 MiB 21 sec ok
10. Judgement Silversword - Rebirth Edition (J) (REV.SC21) [!] WSC 4 MiB 20 sec ok
11. Mr. Driller (J) [T+Eng0.70_PmHacks] WSC 16 MiB 1:16 min ok
12. Puyo Puyo Tsu (J) [M][!] WS 8 MiB 40 sec ok
13. Rainbow Islands - Putty's Party (J) [M] WS 16 MiB 1:20 min ok
14. Robot Works (As) [M] WS 8 MiB 40 sec ok - can't send commands because of lacking IR LED
15. RUN=DIM Return to Earth (J) [!] WSC 16 MiB 1:20 min ok
16. WonderSwan Handy Sonar (J) [M] WS 8 MiB 41 sec ok - can't test further because no hardware

1. Even if I didn't sign anything, but are we under some kind of NDA? Or are we allowed to post pictures and experiences to social media and/or to our blogs?
2. Will the time to flash a rom to a slot be improved?
3. Cart: The LED "DS1" is red constantly when connected to USB. No change when flashing a rom.
4. Program: The default file type is *.wsc. --> please change it to *.*
5. Program: The exe has no icon
6. Menu: No file names, it's always xx - xxxx
7. Menu: No reaction to the upper buttons (Y1-Y4)
8. Menu: No wrap around, i.e. up on first item doesn't go to the last item and vice versa
Hey guys. I don't have much time. I'm just at a hotel and need to sleep soon. Good data, rosewood.

MockyLock, you are using the Neo Pocket Flash Masta (cart with USB built in), right? The WS cart should work the same. The same cable and USB port should work on both WS and NGP carts. If you think there is a hardware problem, please email me direct.

Thanks for the continued testing/chat while I'm not online much.
Card Fighters' Clash 2 English Translation ( http://cfc2english.blogspot.com/ )
Neo Geo Pocket Flash Cart and Linker Project ( http://www.flashmasta.com/ )
Avatar art thanks to Trev-Mun ( http://trevmun.deviantart.com/ )
'llo here
Flavor, no, i have the old desig, the one with the blue flasher Linkmasta. I am an old follower Smile I'll have to upgrade and buy your new design one day.

But i come closer to success now.
I tried on another computer, really older, running XP pro. The WS Flashmasta LED glows now (before it was just blinking once then stay Off) and Zadig could find it (so it may come from the USB chipset as Loïc said).
First I couldn't install drivers, always failing. Actually, it seems that it cames from the folder where Zadig was. It was "too deep" it folder tree structure (i hope you understand).
i copied Zadig.exe to the root of my HDD and it installed drivers flawlessly Smile
But now i'm stuck once again. I can't start NeoLinkMasta soft, as Windows tell me that it's not a "Valid Win32 application".
I installed the Runtime Redistibutable (i know it's not related but...)
Anyway, i could'nt use FlashMasta soft..
So i have a computer that runs NeoLinkMasta but cant' see WS FlashMasta, and another that recognize WS FlashMasta but can't run NeoLinkMasta...
Any tip ?
See ya !