Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WS Flash Masta v4.4 (early adopter version)
I'm having some significant problems getting the Flash Masta software working.

First attempt was with Windows 7 SP1 64-bit (laptop).

The WS Flash Masta refuses to work with any of the USB ports. It won't turn on, Windows never detects it. That means I can't get the Zadig driver thing installed. I even tried disabling driver certificate authentication.

Second attempt was with Windows XP SP3 32-bit (desktop).
EDIT: It was actually XP SP2

The WS Flash Masta actually works on here, I'm able to install "drivers" for it. I also installed the Visual C redistributable package. When I try to run the 32-bit Flash Masta software, Windows says it's not a valid Win32 application. Bull-fucking-shit, it says 32-bit right on the zip file! Does the Flash Masta program only work on Vista and newer?

Nowhere on the download page is it ever specified which of the 4 different USB drivers are required from the Zadig package. There's WinUSB, libusb, libusbk and USB Serial. Which am I supposed to use? I tried libusbk on Windows XP, it seemingly works...

Is there a recommended OS for the software? All it says is Windows, which is not very specific. Should I try Mac OS X instead? Or is 10.6 Snow Leopard not supported?

The WS Flash Masta itself seems very good, excellent build quality, but so far the software is a massive pain in the ass to work with.

EDIT:

Earlier I tried playing the WS Flash Masta anyway, it had a menu with all the slots X'd out. I just assumed it needed ROMs written to it first. Out of curiosity just now, I tried playing each slot, there's actually a couple games still on here. Technically they shouldn't be, but I ain't complaining! I can play some Judgement Silversword and One Piece while I get the software sorted out. Thanks Flavor!

Messages In This Thread
RE: WS Flash Masta v4.4 (early adopter version) - by Notsofossil - 11-11-2016, 07:49 PM