Boots to retropie splash then shuts off
(02-12-2018, 10:53 AM)Flavor Wrote: How did you have them soldered together?  Do you have a photo?

I know that I'm not great with getting the info out for some things.  I keep thinking that I need to make a simple page that has some preliminary info like that.  It could also be added to the build document.

I didn't do anything special.

EDIT: The only photos I have are the ones from when I did my test fit without the board. https://imgur.com/a/h5Dzp
You can't see the battery connections well though.

I simply put all the leads of the same color together. There would be three red wires 2 from the batteries and one from the JST connector. Same for black.

I taped the wires in place so they wouldn't move around, squished all the raw metal together as well as I could and then dumped bunch of solder on it until I had a shiny bead. Then I attached heatshrink tube around the new connections. The same way I attached the connectors to the batteries now.

I'm thinking maybe the circuits on the batteries prevented charging in that configuration because current/voltage was too low spread across both batteries?

After the one battery started working yesterday I hooked up the second one in a similar fashion and charged it until the green back led came on. Then I connected the second battery but now the green led is off again and only the blue one is on. I will observe what happened once I get back from work hopefully by then both batteries are charged and I can proceed.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Boots to retropie splash then shuts off - by r0ckarong - 02-12-2018, 07:55 PM