Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introducing NGPCEdit
I've been working on this off and on for a couple weeks, and it's finally ready for a "general release".
Pretty much, there's not really that many good tile editors for title screens and stuff on the NGPC (NeoTile even crashes if you try to add a 20x19 tile group), so I made my own in Delphi.

Features include:
Edit anything from a size of 1x1 tiles to 20x19 tiles (screen size)
Import 8-bit greyscale bitmaps
Export tiles and palettes to the C format used by the NGPC C library

Known issues:
Image window only shows a max of ~600x600 pixels (scaling up images past that just cuts it off
No tile grid
No way to save in-progress images

GUI screenshot:
[Image: tPaj5VZm.png]

Example finished image (took me around an hour to colorize although it would be faster if you designed an image specifically for the platform with 4 shades per tile instead of downloading a random image off Pixiv):
[Image: 68747470733a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f...6d2e706e67]

Download
Source

Bug reports and pull requests are welcome.
Nice to see. I'll definitely give it a go.
Had a (very) quick play and, although it takes a bit of getting used to, I like what you've done. The palette painting looks to be very useful.

You've got a bit of a way to go before it becomes a good replacement for NeoTile (as you say, being able to save and come back to files is pretty much essential) but a very good start. Keep at it. (I'd chip in a bit, but the last time I used Delphi was probably 20 years ago, wouldn't know where to start these days)
I just released version 1.1 of NGPCEdit, adding saving/loading and a grid. If you want to turn off the grid, the option's in the view menu.