CM3+ Slim with Joy Con Analogs (Xbox layout)
I had trouble getting the analog sticks configured, but Ed Flavor and Porcinus got them figured out. 

https://youtu.be/hwjeL8c03Vk
This is the sickest one you have done yet. I can't wait for the teardown video to see the guts.
Awesome as every time Wink
Did you make videos during the build process? I am really curious to see how you switched the left analog and dpad position Smile

I made many 3D printing in the past, when I had to paint surface repaired with mastic or similar filler, the only solution I found was to use filler primer paint, sand, primer, put some layers of paint and then mat varnish (this part could look simple but is really critical) to get a smooth feeling. The only real way is to try, fail and retry but when you are going to master the technique, you will get gorgeous result Wink
(03-14-2019, 01:16 PM)Porcinus Wrote: Awesome as every time Wink
Did you make videos during the build process? I am really curious to see how you switched the left analog and dpad position Smile

I made many 3D printing in the past, when I had to paint surface repaired with mastic or similar filler, the only solution I found was to use filler primer paint, sand, primer, put some layers of paint and then mat varnish (this part could look simple but is really critical) to get a smooth feeling. The only real way is to try, fail and retry but when you are going to master the technique, you will get gorgeous result Wink

I didn’t make any videos of the build process for this one, but I think it will easy to see everything in the next video when I take it apart to show. I’ll try to make sure to show everything well.
(03-14-2019, 02:41 PM)Hipcat Wrote:
(03-14-2019, 01:16 PM)Porcinus Wrote: Awesome as every time Wink

I didn’t make any videos of the build process for this one, but I think it will easy to see everything in the next video when I take it apart to show. I’ll try to make sure to show everything well.

Wowowowowowow! Incredible build dude.
I posted the internal look video today https://youtu.be/xzzAZFsj4fU
I not sure to understand the audio mod part, what is the purpose?
I can't even imagine the patience you have for this wiring Smile

How many time does it take to make a build like this?
(03-18-2019, 05:44 AM)Porcinus Wrote: I not sure to understand the audio mod part, what is the purpose?
I can't even imagine the patience you have for this wiring Smile

How many time does it take to make a build like this?

If you think that wiring is bad you should see the mess I had to figure out on this build https://youtu.be/5Erbh4Orc04. That’s about 12 hours of video chopped up into just a few minutes. 

The audio mod is just to add the Left audio channel for full stereo sound. This way I can have a left and right channel instead of only the right channel (I think audio is only the right channel by default).

I probably should keep track of time for a build. The thing about the way I usually and tinkering makes that kind of difficult to keep track of meaningfully. I usually have no idea what I’m doing when I sit down to work. I just have to figure out how to do something. So a lot of time is used just thinking of ideas and trying different things out. Like with this Slim build I didn’t know how anything was going to work until I started trying things out. For example, I thought I’d be able to keep the add on board in one piece, but that didn’t work. It usually goes that way, and I just have to figure out something that will work all along the way. The largest chunk of time was messing with paint. All together it was like a month or so, but just working some here and some there.
I already seen this video, I am not saying this is bad wiring method at all Wink

I understand now for the audio, thanks Smile

In my case I have a "template shell" with all the work already done to fit the motherboard without trouble. When starting a now build I buy at least 2 shells at the same time just in case. Seeing the work you put on all your project, you really should consider to get a CNC milling machine, it really ease the work plus you will be able to make PCB to help you with case modifications, cable management, switches fitting and far other things (trust me, it like 3D printing, once you're in, it a pleasure)

However , you made a great work for a impressive result, once again Thanks for sharing this Wink
(03-18-2019, 11:09 AM)Porcinus Wrote: I already seen this video, I am not saying this is bad wiring method at all Wink

I understand now for the audio, thanks Smile

In my case I have a "template shell" with all the work already done to fit the motherboard without trouble. When starting a now build I buy at least 2 shells at the same time just in case. Seeing the work you put on all your project, you really should consider to get a CNC milling machine, it really ease the work plus you will be able to make PCB to help you with case modifications, cable management, switches fitting and far other things (trust me, it like 3D printing, once you're in, it a pleasure)

However , you made a great work for a impressive result, once again Thanks for sharing this Wink

Oh I know you didn’t mean it was “bad” no worries  Cool

You know I was a kind of interested in a milling machine I heard about a while back. I never really looked into it though. It was a modular machine that could be quickly configured for milling or 3D printing just by quickly swapping a couple components if I remember right.