Troubleshooting WiFi access
I have a CanaKit WiFi dongle which I have used to connect Pi3 units to the network before. Connecting my completed CM3 device to the USB hub, I can't get on to the network. The dongle sees the network, but the system just rejects the login.

- I tried exchanging keyboards as the first one was one of those little tiny things with a shift key on only the left side, but that didn't help.
- I re-checked accessing the network on my phone by re-entering credentials and it worked fine.

[Image: H2ELbHu.jpg]
New Raspbian version require user to set there country before being able to connect to WiFi network.
To do so, go to Retropie > Raspi-Config > Localisation Options > Change Wi-Fi Country

Hope this will help Smile
That definitely worked for my cellphone hotspot and I got the scraping done. I'll check again for the home network. It's possible that the low power condition prevented the caps lock LED on the keyboards from illuminating.
What kind of encryption do you use in your local network?
WPA2 on a 2.4/5.0 1900AC. I tried at home again with no luck. I don't think the USB hub operating unpowered would be a problem as I did get it to connect to the iPhone. It's just very odd that it didn't work on the home network.

edit: I'm putting this in my toolkit. It's not good to come up short with only microUSB chargers. https://www.amazon.com/Outtag-Switching-...0771LC63X/
Maybe a solution : https://joshtronic.com/2017/01/29/unable...-in-linux/

Quote:I had noticed that I was running both 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands with the same SSID instead of splitting them out. First time owning one of these routers, but I know at the office we have the bands split. So I gave each band it’s own SSID.
Is the root password not the default 'raspberry'?
If you are talking about SSH, 'root' is disable by default, you have to edit '/etc/ssh/sshd_config' to allow root login.
The step is needed SSH and local login, you need to set 'root' password by running 'sudo passwd root'.

I wrote this by memory, I hope I don't miss something.

The part "Unable to connect to wifi after suspend" from the blog post is not needed.
(04-19-2019, 01:24 PM)Porcinus Wrote: If you are talking about SSH, 'root' is disable by default, you have to edit '/etc/ssh/sshd_config' to allow root login.
The step is needed SSH and local login, you need to set 'root' password by running 'sudo passwd root'.

I wrote this by memory, I hope I don't miss something.

The part "Unable to connect to wifi after suspend" from the blog post is not needed.

Ah. So it's primarily the split ID, you think?

I dunno how I want to go about fixing that, tbh. Hmm.
- I've already done what I wanted to do with the device in connecting and downloading all the scraper data. This is more about understanding the problem rather than making a pratical fix.
- I'd probably rather have both bands using the same login in the long-term (different authentication would confuse guests).
- That still might be worth trying out.
- But I might still get a second or third external WiFi adapter to have on hand as well.

Regarding root:
It's not for ssh remote access. I'm just leaving emulation station and need sudo access on the command line.
This is a possibility, I have no way to check this on my side :/
I don't really know if the problem can come from the shared SSID or the credentials itself.

For root, in your case, you should just need to set a password and run 'su' to get logged as root