RetroModding Cart Cover
Just got done with my first CM3 build. Aside from it being pretty rough and me removing waaaay too much plastic for the port cutouts, it went pretty smoothly. Except for the cart cover I got from RetroModding. I used a GBA shell from Amazon, everything about it seems pretty standard but for whatever reason I can't seem to get the cart cover to fit. It seems like it's just a little too big for the cart slot? Or the side pegs don't have enough give? Just curious if anyone else had any issues with those.
(07-01-2019, 08:31 PM)ldmullen Wrote: Just got done with my first CM3 build. Aside from it being pretty rough and me removing waaaay too much plastic for the port cutouts, it went pretty smoothly. Except for the cart cover I got from RetroModding. I used a GBA shell from Amazon, everything about it seems pretty standard but for whatever reason I can't seem to get the cart cover to fit. It seems like it's just a little too big for the cart slot? Or the side pegs don't have enough give? Just curious if anyone else had any issues with those.

Hey, Retro Modding here! Did you by chance purchase our cart cover with the hotkey button? The shell requires a little bit of trimming for the L2R2 cart cover. We'd be happy to walk you through the process. Please feel free to reach out to our support team at support@retromodding.com or on Facebook.
(07-05-2019, 02:34 AM)retromodding Wrote:
(07-01-2019, 08:31 PM)ldmullen Wrote: Just got done with my first CM3 build. Aside from it being pretty rough and me removing waaaay too much plastic for the port cutouts, it went pretty smoothly. Except for the cart cover I got from RetroModding. I used a GBA shell from Amazon, everything about it seems pretty standard but for whatever reason I can't seem to get the cart cover to fit. It seems like it's just a little too big for the cart slot? Or the side pegs don't have enough give? Just curious if anyone else had any issues with those.

Hey, Retro Modding here! Did you by chance purchase our cart cover with the hotkey button? The shell requires a little bit of trimming for the L2R2 cart cover. We'd be happy to walk you through the process. Please feel free to reach out to our support team at support@retromodding.com or on Facebook.

Sure enough, that is the one I got. I guess I didn't read it carefully I didn't realize it was specific to the L2R2 mod and required shell trimming. Thanks!