Hardware needed to build my FPZ CM3, Help me?
Rainbow 
Hey guys, new member here  Big Grin

I will be ordering/purchasing all the things that I need to have assemble a full FPZ CM3 and I would like your help.

Since you are the experts, and have a lot of experience, I would like to run the bill of materials and I will appreciate if you confirm that it is complete, correct or if something is missing.

Why am I doing this? Because I live in Europe and shipping is costly. I want to purchase all only 1 time.

Purchase List

1. Freeplay CM3 DIY Kit (this is the module version)
  2. 2000mAh Battery (part of the kit)
  3. Soft XY Buttons (part of the kit)
  4. Speaker (I am unclear if this is included with the kit of if it is purchased apart)
  5. BoxyPixel Freeplay Raspberry Pi CM3 Aluminum Machined Shell ONLY (Slim) Clear Anodize
  6. BoxyPixel GBA Freeplay Screen Lens Glass Black (Would an original screen fit? I have original sized glass screens with the GBA logo)
  7. Boxy Pixel Freeplay Machined Buttons and Directional Keypad Aluminum
  8. BoxyPixel Raspberry Pi Rear Enclosure Panel Aluminum & Clear
  9. BoxyPixel Light Pipe Diffuser
I have at home

1. Glass Screen GBA Logo
  2. Silicon Pads, lots of them
  3. Micro SD Card
Questions:
  • Is the list complete?
  • Can the raspberry module be upgraded it to the 3+ (assuming it adds any benefit, since only the Lite is included)
  • Does anyone know if Freplaytech and BoxyPixel will be kind enough to ship my purchase as a gift or with a very low declared value? (Import entry taxes are extremely high here for any purchase above 25 euros)
  • Is the speaker part of the kit?
  • Do I need special hardware to upload the image to the raspberry module? I have never used a module.
  • Would you recommend black or clear rear enclosure panel? (For the guys that have it)

I appreciate your time and your help!  Heart
Thank you!!

Messages In This Thread
Hardware needed to build my FPZ CM3, Help me? - by luisito - 07-15-2019, 09:21 PM