Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My new Neo Geo Pocket color
Hey guys I just won a NGPC off ebay. Brand new in box with manual... box... WHITE box... according to the description on ebay its different than normal,

"This is so cool, especially for Neo Geo collectors. This is a special version of the Neo Geo Color system.
See, when Playmore took over SNK and killed off their console aspirations, they was still left with some Neo Geo Color stock.
So they repackaged the systems into these white boxes and sprinkled them throughout Japan into crane games (the Japanese call them UFO machines) to be eventually won.
That was the ONLY way you could get this version of the machine in the white box... to fly to Japan, find a crane game that had one in it, and then win it.
The Neo Pocket itself is in new condition. No scratches, no marks (of the wolves... that's an SNK joke), just beautiful like if you were to go back in time and buy one new. Comes complete with instructions and even the little plastic baggy to go around the unit, and the cardboard that sits on top of the unit protecting the thumb stick clicky controller. Mint, complete.
This is from my personal, private collection."

seems cool!

[Image: %24(KGrHqNHJEYFBlUtFOL2BQiU9HB0kQ~~60_57.JPG]

[Image: %24(KGrHqRHJCQFBUPb!09LBQiU88u+B!~~60_57.JPG]

Hi I'm Ozfer. I own a minecraft server called krull. www.worldofkrull.com
I own my own game with my friends called everember www.eeommo.tk
I am a java programmer, and I am an electronics wizard Cool
Nice find! I didn't know about this white box version before. Thanks for the info.
Card Fighters' Clash 2 English Translation ( http://cfc2english.blogspot.com/ )
Neo Geo Pocket Flash Cart and Linker Project ( http://www.flashmasta.com/ )
Avatar art thanks to Trev-Mun ( http://trevmun.deviantart.com/ )
(10-31-2012, 10:33 AM)Flavor Wrote: Nice find! I didn't know about this white box version before. Thanks for the info.

That is different. I have the same version NGPC but it came in the traditional orange box with all the marketing artwork typical for an ngpc.
(10-31-2012, 10:04 AM)Ozfer Wrote: "This is so cool, especially for Neo Geo collectors. This is a special version of the Neo Geo Color system.

The system itself isn't special. Just the box. Nice find nonetheless, especially if it was a bargain. You can get them on Yahoo Japan. They aren't considered to be rare [at least not yet, and not in Japan] and sell fairly cheap. Someone has one up for sale and the current bid is ~$15.

It's nice to see that someone knew what they were selling, too. Even if it was mainly to make it more attractive to a potential buyer. I also laughed at the MotW joke. Nice touch. Haha.
I'm calling shenanigans on the box story. Because I've got one of those boxes too. Mine came from Lik-Sang when the big NGPC liquidation sale thing happened years ago. It may be that they originally were in crane games for a while, but that was definitely not the only source.
(10-31-2012, 10:04 AM)Ozfer Wrote: ....No scratches, no marks (of the wolves... that's an SNK joke).....

I give you 4 "Rising Tackles" out of 5 for the Fatal Fury/Garou reference.