How to work with SD card partition?
(10-21-2019, 05:23 AM)luisito Wrote: Edit: Perhaps I misread everything.

Did you create an actual partition on your micro SD card before burning the image?
If you did...
Why?

If you did...
Break the two partitions into one again. Re-image your micro SD card. 
Otherwise, you won't be able to upload any ROM's as your "boot" partition is too small for ROM's. Also, your system will be super slow. 

If you did...
Partitions are only useful when you are trying to separate multiple operating systems, or restrict access to certain users or groups in a network based storage. This is an enterprise level solution, this is not applicable for your DIY handheld gaming console.
This is why for personal storage (sd cards, external hard drives, etc), a folder system is so much more efficient, reliable, etc...

If you didn't...
Forget everything I said. I misunderstood.

It actually came like that when I bought it from Retro Modding for some reason. I wasn't sure why, and I will do what you said and combine the two partitions into one. That seems to make much more sense to me. Not sure why they had it like that, but it was obviously intentional. Perhaps they wanted to store RetroPie on one partition, and the games on another? Again, not sure why.

Do you know what to do to make the L2, R2 and Hotkey buttons work on the gameboy? They are installed correctly and they worked the first time I tried them, but after re-imaging the SD card, they aren't detected by the Freeplay. I found this page on the Freeplay website, but I'm not sure what I need to change to make the buttons work. Again, thanks!

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to work with SD card partition? - by Happyhaha2000 - 10-21-2019, 05:41 AM