How to work with SD card partition?
(10-22-2019, 05:01 AM)Flavor Wrote:
(10-21-2019, 05:41 AM)Happyhaha2000 Wrote: Do you know what to do to make the L2, R2 and Hotkey buttons work on the gameboy? They are installed correctly and they worked the first time I tried them, but after re-imaging the SD card, they aren't detected by the Freeplay. I found this page on the Freeplay website, but I'm not sure what I need to change to make the buttons work. Again, thanks!

RetroModding likely set these up for you.  The mk_arcade_joystick_rpi button driver (https://github.com/TheFlav/mk_arcade_joystick_rpi) needs these to be defined at bootup in the /etc/modprobe.d/mk_arcade_joystick.conf file.  If you edit that file (sudo nano /etc/modprobe.d/mk_arcade_joystick.conf), you would probably need to change the gpio parameter to something like
gpio=4,17,6,5,19,26,16,24,23,18,15,14,-20,42,43,-1,41,-1,-1,-1,-1
You may want to ask RetroModding how they had it set up for you.  

If you have a fan installed, you may also need to re-install that software.

I've messaged RetroModding and they replied with the same link that I posted to the google doc here. I still don't really understand what I need to do. How do I define that driver at bootup, and what file do I edit, and how to I edit that file? Can I do that on my computer by inserting the SD card, or do I have to do it on the Freeplay somehow with a keyboard plugged in? I know I sound like a dweeb, I'm just really new to all this and I could use the explanation for a 5-year-old.  Confused

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to work with SD card partition? - by Happyhaha2000 - 10-22-2019, 02:07 PM