Freeplay cm3 vertical screen
I built my freeplay CM3 about 2 years ago, and noticed that the new version has the potential for 4 soft touch buttons on the right instead of the clicky XY on the original.  I was wondering if someone could let me know how well they work.  Do all the buttons feel the same?

The other question I have is with regards to the screen...  Is it still a vertical screen in a horizontal orientation with noticeable brightness shift between the eyes, or is it a different screen now?  

thanks in advance.
(05-16-2020, 05:32 AM)davieboynj Wrote: I built my freeplay CM3 about 2 years ago, and noticed that the new version has the potential for 4 soft touch buttons on the right instead of the clicky XY on the original.  I was wondering if someone could let me know how well they work.  Do all the buttons feel the same?

The other question I have is with regards to the screen...  Is it still a vertical screen in a horizontal orientation with noticeable brightness shift between the eyes, or is it a different screen now?  

thanks in advance.

If the soft buttons work well mainly depends on how accurate you mill your holes. Milling them too big will lead to wobbling buttons when pushing them. My experience was they sit quite tight, i never recognized any differences. There are several pins and walls on the top shell case, which you shouldn‘t cut away, as they serve you as a guidance for your buttons. The A and B button have slightly differing guiding pins (three of them). So just look up youtube, there are several examples on how aligning them the best way, so they won‘t tilt.

best regards