Measurements for the battery FPZ
I've decided to buy a Free play zero kit, but without the battery.
The thing is, since 2,000am batteries come in many shapes and sizes, I'm not sure what size is required for the Free Play zero.
If someone could tell me measurements so I'd know what to get it would be highly appriciated.

Thanks Smile
Hello, Philosojustice!

First, I must tell you that Freeplaytech will not support batteries and systems that you plug those into unless they come from Freeplaytech.com.

I do not want you to think that means that others don't/can't work. It means that there is too high of a chance that another battery can damage the system. If you want to assume that risk, it is up to you.

The main issue on size, of course, is the compartment where the battery will fit. If you want to cut more plastic, you can make the area larger. The unmodified battery compartment is about 30mm x 50mm x 12mm.

The #1 thing that I will say about connecting a battery is to make sure the polarity (+/-) is correct. I would even make sure that red is + and black is -. We have had people hook batteries up backward. Don't do that.

The other thing is that I would make sure that the battery itself has protection circuitry. The batteries sold on Freeplaytech.com have very good protection. Many batteries made for drones and such do not have adequate protection for this type of circuitry (because they are made to dump lots of power into motors quickly).
Card Fighters' Clash 2 English Translation ( http://cfc2english.blogspot.com/ )
Neo Geo Pocket Flash Cart and Linker Project ( http://www.flashmasta.com/ )
Avatar art thanks to Trev-Mun ( http://trevmun.deviantart.com/ )
(01-21-2021, 02:18 AM)Flavor Wrote: Hello, Philosojustice!

First, I must tell you that Freeplaytech will not support batteries and systems that you plug those into unless they come from Freeplaytech.com.

I do not want you to think that means that others don't/can't work.  It means that there is too high of a chance that another battery can damage the system.  If you want to assume that risk, it is up to you.

The main issue on size, of course, is the compartment where the battery will fit.  If you want to cut more plastic, you can make the area larger.  The unmodified battery compartment is about 30mm x 50mm x 12mm.

The #1 thing that I will say about connecting a battery is to make sure the polarity (+/-) is correct.  I would even make sure that red is + and black is -.  We have had people hook batteries up backward.  Don't do that.

The other thing is that I would make sure that the battery itself has protection circuitry.  The batteries sold on Freeplaytech.com have very good protection.  Many batteries made for drones and such do not have adequate protection for this type of circuitry (because they are made to dump lots of power into motors quickly).

You have many good points there. 

Aside for the warranty, which is an important issue by itself, finding a fitting battery looks to be more complex than I thought. I think I'll just go with your battery and simplify it all.