Freeplay Zero Build - thoughts and questions
Hmm now that you explained the button vs switch thing, it makes me want to maybe try the mod. Let me try it out as you intended and see how I like it!

Other than the GPIO controller driver, do you know if everything else you have custom (ie shutdown script, es_config, etc) can survive Retropie and kernel upgrades? Will you eventually provide instructions or a script so we can build our own images from scratch OR use an pre-assembled image and be able to patch it to make it FPZ compatible?

I looked at your repo and couldn't figure out what part of the code (in any of the files) is responsible for the way the momentary switch works. I've never seen a Retropie that can handle multiple modes (full switch, press and hold, etc) for a button so I am curious.

Oh thing I noticed is I think the FPZ cannot support restart, of any sort - whether it's from ES or even from a shutdown reboot. Is this a known issue or does it have something to do with my non-modded power switch?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Freeplay Zero Build - thoughts and questions - by sygyzy - 09-18-2017, 04:50 AM