Freeplay Zero Build - thoughts and questions
Thanks for the information about the holes. Mine are pretty ugly but functional. I also finally understood what you were talking about with the shoulder buttons. You were talking about making room for the actuators (connected to the FBZ board) and not the should plastic button covers (that you press when playing games).

My speaker wires disconnected from the PCB and since they were through hole solders, I can't restore it. I just soldered them to the top of the covered holes hoping it'll work.

Quick question - there's a lot of mention of the power button (actually a slider, right) being a momentary switch. With just the bare FPZ board, I can see it's spring loaded and rests in the off position. However, when I put on the switch cover and the close the case, the switch is a sliding clicky, locking in the on and off position. Is this right or did I get some weird freak of a GBA shell? If that's true, how am I supposed to use it as a hotkey toggle like you explain in the docs (ie press and release)? Thanks.

Quick Edit: Two more questions - my d-pad isn't very clicky. It mostly works (sometimes down doesn't register) but it feels really mushy. I compared it to other dpads including a N3DS and they all have a distinct click click action while this one feels mushy. Is this normal?

Also, I made the mistake of configuring the GPIO gamepad. I don't think this is a big deal but I know the hotkey is connected to the power switch somehow. Is there anyway to edit a config file to "restore" this setting or do I have to flash the image again? I just put Select as the hotkey for now.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Freeplay Zero Build - thoughts and questions - by sygyzy - 09-16-2017, 03:21 PM