4-23 Image for FPZ - Slowdowns in Games?
(04-30-2018, 11:30 AM)Flavor Wrote: I wonder if there's any changes in the latest RetroPie that would slow things down.  The latest image has been updated to RetroPie v4.4.  Otherwise, I can't think of anything.  

As just a test, you should be able to use the same PiZero SD card you used before if you have it running off of HDMI and USB controller (power directly to the Pi).  You can choose which emulator is used for each game.  Maybe you had a different SNES emulator set up before?

Thanks, I'll try a few other emulators and see if they improve the situation.  Go resurrect my DMG Pi0 Gameboy and see which emulators I was using on it.

I'd already tried changing the display resolution from 1024x768 to 640x480 in raspi-config, and tweaking the Retroarch cores to render at 1x native resolutions instead of 640x480.  Not much help.

Is the 4.4 Freeplay image from a fresh 4.4 Retropie image, or is it updated from a previous version?  I'd heard rumors that upgrading to 4.4 hasn't gone terribly smoothly for a lot of people, and the jump from Jessie to Stretch borked a few things sometimes.  Probably all a moot point if other people aren't having problems with the FPZ image... maybe I just lost the silicon lottery on my Pi.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 4-23 Image for FPZ - Slowdowns in Games? - by RxBrad - 05-01-2018, 01:13 AM