Freeplay CM3 + BoxyPixel Slim
Long term lurker, but finally made the call to build a Freeplay. I have built a bunch of Gameboy Zero's and modified one of my GBA's for backlit + Rechargeable Batteries but for some reason they all feel sort of "janky" or Fragile and I feel as if they have to be in a case rather than the side pocket of my bag etc. 

This Freeplay + Aluminum shell is a match made in heaven, It feels like a tank, and Iw had it in the side pocket of my bag all week for short session gaming between work and other things. I LOVE IT. 

In terms of build, It would appear from other posts that the shell cuts can vary by a couple of millimeters here and there, I had to modify the screen (cut off a sliver of corner plastic) for it to fit in perfectly, but that was simple to do. 

The BoxyPixel buttons feel orgasmic (really) so even though I wanted all orange buttons, I ended up going 2/2 to keep that button feel for certain games, it really feels great to click. 

I did have some odd problems getting the image to load, but after 3 formats, it booted fine to 4.4 and has been running smooth since. 

Now my question to you all, is what emulators do you recommend with this button layout? I am used to the GBZ with left joystick, so not sure where the limitation line will lie. 

I currently have some Atari 7800/Lynx, Gameboy , Color , Advanced, SNES and Mega Mega Drive loaded but am looking if there are other systems that support this button layout.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
Freeplay CM3 + BoxyPixel Slim - by Helgi125 - 05-26-2019, 08:06 AM
RE: Freeplay CM3 + BoxyPixel Slim - by Ketaketish - 06-01-2019, 12:16 AM
RE: Freeplay CM3 + BoxyPixel Slim - by Helgi125 - 06-01-2019, 06:55 AM
RE: Freeplay CM3 + BoxyPixel Slim - by Flavor - 06-04-2019, 05:18 AM
RE: Freeplay CM3 + BoxyPixel Slim - by Ketaketish - 06-04-2019, 05:32 AM
RE: Freeplay CM3 + BoxyPixel Slim - by Flavor - 06-04-2019, 05:48 AM
RE: Freeplay CM3 + BoxyPixel Slim - by Ketaketish - 06-04-2019, 06:06 AM