Boxy Pixel Aluminum Button Fix
(07-29-2019, 06:40 AM)krisyadao Wrote: I noticed that the buttons on the Boxy Pixel have a tendency to bind up with the shell.

It could be possible as the buttons are non anodized, and combining them with your non anodized shell, it only increases the friction and the friction area between the unfinished aluminum parts (both shell and buttons).

Boxy says that machining marks and non anodized products may require sanding, cleaning or polishing. All over his website.

The buttons must move up and down, so in order to have a smooth glide, the surface must be smooth. It is a byproduct of the manufacturing process have end up with machining marks, or leave some residue, that might produce a non smooth surface between the shell and button. It increases the friction.

IMO I think you removed a large quantity of aluminum. Did you try smoothing the surfaces with a fine grit before attempting to remove material?

But I am glad you found a solution that worked for you.  Tongue

Edit: Have you tried different rubber membranes? You may have a shorter membrane or a "weaker" (non supportive) one that is giving the buttons extra room to wiggle around and get stuck. Different manufacturers do things differently. For example: It is not uncommon to hear that someone had a problem with the plastic buttons of GBA-GB mods because they are physically different, even by a fraction of a millimeter, which throws any tolerances down the trash bin.

Messages In This Thread
Boxy Pixel Aluminum Button Fix - by krisyadao - 07-29-2019, 06:40 AM
RE: Boxy Pixel Aluminum Button Fix - by luisito - 07-29-2019, 10:54 PM
RE: Boxy Pixel Aluminum Button Fix - by krisyadao - 07-30-2019, 12:54 AM
RE: Boxy Pixel Aluminum Button Fix - by Flavor - 07-30-2019, 04:23 AM
RE: Boxy Pixel Aluminum Button Fix - by krisyadao - 07-30-2019, 06:57 AM
RE: Boxy Pixel Aluminum Button Fix - by krisyadao - 08-15-2019, 01:08 AM