Boxy Pixel fit and finish
I ended up going with a plastic d-pad because I preferred the feel, but it's still a bit mushier than a typical controller so it might be more the silicone we're talking about than the d-pad itself. Assuming that's the case, I was a bit unsure how I felt about how mushy it was after finishing my build, but after playing a couple of games with it I switched to my 8bitdo controller and actually found it jarringly stiff in comparison.

I don't think I'd want something more mushy than it is, but I'm pretty happy with where it landed. I'd recommend playing on it for a few hours before making any judgements.

As for the buttons, I ended up 3D-printing the official boxy pixel models from https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3629475 and the plastic probably cuts down on the sound, though there's definitely a light rattle if I hold the unit by my ear and shake it. I wonder if you couldn't put kapton tape or something on the contact points so it's not metal-on-metal?

How did you achieve the black aluminium btw? I ended up with a second boxy pixel shell after jumping on a clear anodized one he released after ordering my first and was considering using the non-anodized one in a second build if I could turn it a nice shade of black.

Messages In This Thread
Boxy Pixel fit and finish - by dansor - 08-04-2019, 10:13 AM
RE: Boxy Pixel fit and finish - by Flavor - 08-06-2019, 04:53 AM
RE: Boxy Pixel fit and finish - by krisyadao - 08-07-2019, 03:17 AM
RE: Boxy Pixel fit and finish - by dansor - 08-07-2019, 03:54 AM
RE: Boxy Pixel fit and finish - by kmacmart@darkcloud.ca - 08-09-2019, 07:07 AM