dual analog install errors
hello,
i've gotten the CM3 version of the device all put together, verified connections, that solder is good
i have the addon adc board for the trigger buttons and dual analog's, the one that goes between the CM and the motherboard.

i've gotten the unit up and running, gotten wifi operating gotten the sd card formatted with the appropriate files, etc.

after getting the drivers installed correctly as per the walkthrough guides in the instructions, as well as on this forum here, i went through and via putty SSH, set the correct options for the dual analogs i have installed.

when i got into the retropie os after rebooting, one thing that changed was the start button appeared to no longer work with the default setting that opened the default "start menu" to allow for the controller input/button configs.

i had to get a spare keyboard and used f4 to get in and trigger the reconfiguration.

the "R" button (not trigger, not direction) now just dims the screen, and opens a menu once i'm actually inside of a game system folder.

i'm relatively new to linux and SSH configuring devices.
for the life of me i cannot figure out how to get these additions to work. 

also, another symptom i have is the "B" button is intermittently working. i have installed the tact nibble buttons soldered to the motherboard.
there's no GPIO diagram like was made for the zero unit, so i don't know where to test that it's pin'd or making correct contact.

just a few bugs in the device. once i get these knocked out, and analogs working, i'll be quite happy with it Smile
-cm3 has clean terminals
-no bent pins
-have reseated CM3 multiple times
-using anodized boxypixel dual-analog case.
-have gone over solder inter-connections with a continuity probe, have solid connections
nipple ABXY buttons appear to have a resistance that fluctuates. are these supposed to be constant or zero?

Messages In This Thread
dual analog install errors - by sips216 - 07-19-2020, 02:42 PM
RE: dual analog install errors - by sips216 - 07-20-2020, 11:49 AM
RE: dual analog install errors - by Flavor - 07-21-2020, 10:30 AM
RE: dual analog install errors - by sips216 - 07-22-2020, 01:51 AM
RE: dual analog install errors - by Flavor - 07-22-2020, 02:12 AM
RE: dual analog install errors - by sips216 - 07-22-2020, 12:56 PM
RE: dual analog install errors - by a-butta - 07-23-2020, 04:50 AM
RE: dual analog install errors - by sips216 - 07-23-2020, 04:29 AM
RE: dual analog install errors - by sips216 - 07-23-2020, 08:39 AM
RE: dual analog install errors - by sips216 - 07-26-2020, 03:40 PM
RE: dual analog install errors - by Flavor - 07-28-2020, 03:29 AM