Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Python based image tools for NGPC development
I had a use-case for needing to process an image into 3 layers for the NGPC, and with the aid of ChatGPT, I have put together an NGPC image processor in python with a GUI to accomplish what I needed.  It outputs the processed image data as a C header file. The output is compatible with what I had modified sodthor's CodeImage to output for my purposes.

It doesn't do as much processing as CodeImage and only supports 3 colors + transparent per layer.  The assumption being that only 1 palette per layer is being used.  I still use CodeImage to process my more complicated level tilesets because it supports multiple palettes per layer.  I have started using this new script for most other purposes since I already draw my sprite images to use only 1 palette per layer.

I briefly tried to get CodeImage's more complex image processing implemented in python while using ChatGPT, but it kept generating code that was too long for its character limit and I didn't have much motivation to work on it further since I already have CodeImage working for me.

I also put together a separate script with GUI with a color selector to get precise colors that are available on the NGPC.  This has some simple outputs that can be used in an image editor or in the C framework.

Github repositories for the 2 scripts:
NGPC-Image-Processor
NGPC-Color-Selector

Messages In This Thread
Python based image tools for NGPC development - by winteriscoming - 02-16-2023, 03:50 AM