Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Python based image tools for NGPC development
I updated the image processor to have an option to select the order of the colors in the palette.

I have tilesets that contain the initial placeholder for animated tiles, and then each animated tile gets all of its frames in a separate image per animated tile.  These frames overwrite the tile in tile RAM, assuming the palette is unchanged.  I process my tilesets through CodeImage, but its output of palettes and ordering of them is not predictable.  So when I am processing the animated tile frames that are meant to use the same palette as the one in the original tileset, I am most likely to end up with a palette in a different order, meaning I have the wrong colors displaying for the animated tiles.

The reason I do not simply write the palette from the animated tiles in my game is that other tiles from the tileset may be using that palette, meaning they would end up with incorrect colors.

To address that particular issue, I can now process my animated tile frames through this new image processor and sort the palette to match what came out of CodeImage for the tileset.  Now my animated tiles show with the correct colors.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Python based image tools for NGPC development - by winteriscoming - 02-25-2023, 01:04 AM