Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Neo Geo! Neo Geo X
(11-02-2012, 05:49 AM)Ozfer Wrote: but they said they would probably make more games for it

Oh? Who said it and where? I haven't been visiting the Neo Geo X webpage, so I might have missed some news or updates. Still, there's that "probably".

Quote:This thing could sell well if they marked it to compete with the 3ds and psvita

That's definitely not going to happen. The competing against 3DS and Vita part, at least. Not that I believe it will sell well, either. The Neo Geo X has very little to offer. It's targeted towards a specific group of gamers. Gamers, who are willing to spend money just because the thing has an SNK logo on it and gamers who love those arcade titles.

How many collections and re-releases or first party Neo Geo titles are there? More than I care to count, that's for sure. Not only that, the whole Neo Geo title line-up can be pirated off the internet in an hour. Emulating Neo Geo on pretty much anything, from computers to handhelds and mobile phones is easy. Easy enough to make some people think twice before they buy a separate device to play those games.

3DS and Vita are trying their hardest to improve and impress. A handheld emulator is neither new, nor impressive. There are dozens of handhelds sold in China that come with every CPS I, CPS II and Neo Geo game, pre-installed.

Neo Geo X is a tough sell all around. The only appealing bundle, with the docking station and the arcade stick, is probably the only one I'd like to have, but it's also expensive. When I buy a Vita, I can sleep well knowing, that a new blockbuster title is already in the works. Same goes for 3DS. When I buy Neo Geo X, I get the games I already own, on a handheld device which might as well be an Xperia Play or a handheld from China.

Messages In This Thread
New Neo Geo! Neo Geo X - by Ozfer - 11-01-2012, 11:40 AM
RE: New Neo Geo! Neo Geo X - by Morden - 11-02-2012, 02:50 AM
RE: New Neo Geo! Neo Geo X - by Ozfer - 11-02-2012, 05:49 AM
RE: New Neo Geo! Neo Geo X - by Morden - 11-02-2012, 09:06 AM
RE: New Neo Geo! Neo Geo X - by Ozfer - 11-02-2012, 12:03 PM
RE: New Neo Geo! Neo Geo X - by Morden - 11-02-2012, 06:23 PM
RE: New Neo Geo! Neo Geo X - by fpcreator2000 - 11-03-2012, 07:31 AM