CM3+ Slim with Joy Con Analogs (Xbox layout)
Yes, to add "item" to Retropie menu:
- In EmulationStation settings > Other settings > uncheck 'save metadata on exit'
- Copy the 2 attached files to /home/pi/RetroPie/retropiemenu/
- Chmod them to 0755
- Edit /opt/retropie/configs/all/emulationstation/gamelists/retropie/gamelist.xml and add before '</gameList>':
Code:
<game><path>./airplanemode-enable.sh</path><name>.Airplane Mode Enable</name></game>
<game><path>./airplanemode-disable.sh</path><name>.Airplane Mode Disable</name></game>

- Then restart EmulationStation and check if the new items are present.
- In EmulationStation settings > Other settings > check 'save metadata on exit' back
- Restart EmulationStation a last time.

Note: If you update Retropie you may need to remake this.

Cutting the power from USB device is not a good idea, to do it the "proper" way, you need to detach the device (at software level) problem being to reattach it after.
This is why I have setup these scripts on my system, basically the device still drain power, but far less.

For the freezes problems, I have notice this too, I think it come from a combination of glitch in the linux kernel and from the USB host into the CPU itself. It is far more difficult to replicate this behavior using a USB hub.

For the 3DS analog sticks, looking at them I think the feeling will be similar to PSP 1000 sticks. Did you tested it already?

Attached Files
.sh   airplanemode-enable.sh (Size: 86 bytes / Downloads: 0)
.sh   airplanemode-disable.sh (Size: 88 bytes / Downloads: 0)

Messages In This Thread
RE: CM3+ Slim with Joy Con Analogs (Xbox layout) - by Porcinus - 03-24-2019, 09:06 AM